Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confusion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
now that cannabis is downgraded to C, what will the police do if they suspect you of smoking it, has anyone here very been stopped on suspiscion of carrying painkillers or whens the last time you heard that a shipment of steroids worth a steet value of £2 million has being found, if they treat canabis different to these other class C drugs then it would technically be in between B and C, the prison sentence of C but the enforcement of B in regards to finding it.

Comments

• Options
    for the last twenty years, most coppers i've come across have just handed it back to me.
    the good news is that health clubs and gyms have been notorious as places that provide steroids ...the police have never been interested.
    now ...here comes the good bit. private smoking clubs will be opening soooon.
    your membership will mean you are a co owner of the club ...your fees go to pay the expenses of the club. your fees purchase the comunal dope. it will be impossible to trace who actualy supplied the club. if the club gets raided any dope found there will belong to every share holder wether they are there that night or not.
    i'm involved financialy with this. others are involved with the legalities and other stuff.
    if the club has 200 members then the court process will come to a standstill as 200 people will have to be charged. 200 people will all do their best to have different legal representation as well as the legal representation for the club as a whole. with adjournments and holidays and sickness and absent lawyers the legal system will grind to a halt ...for what?
    the police and the magistrates confederation or whatever it is called have already been consulted ...or should i say warned.
    watch this space.
  • Options
    Theres already a coffee shop opened up here. The Purple Haze Coffee Shop :D

I'm too youing to use it though, only being 16, so it won't make much difference to me, sadly :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Theres already a coffee shop opened up here. The Purple Haze Coffee Shop :D

I'm too youing to use it though, only being 16, so it won't make much difference to me, sadly :(
    and how are the authorities dealing with it ...especialy the old bill?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    and how are the authorities dealing with it ...especialy the old bill?

So far....they've done fuck all.
  • Options
  • Options
    Proabably lifted or cautioned, the drug taken off you, depending on where you've been caught and what age you are, all depends on how you react to the police as well i think, like if your all in the cop's face saying your not searching me, it's legal now anyway and all this....like generally being a dick towards the police whenever you are guilty of a crime, minor but still a crime, they probably would arrest you, but if you act civil and admit calmy that the cannabis is for personal use they'll prob just take the hash off you and let you go on, maybe give you a verbal caution at the scene or something, maybe take your name.

We'll just have to see how it goes.

Reminds me of Spain whenever me and a friend got searched, i had no hash but my friend had enough for a spliff or two, they found it and didn't really seem to care, they asked did we have any other drugs, they were more interested in coke dealing (we were offered coke 5 mins before the police approached us), they just give him the hash back and walked off.
    That's the kind of approach you need though, the police accepting that it's harmless and is fine for people to use for personal use.
  • Options
    I can see this becoming quite an issue, the police will retain the right to be able to arrest you if they will you are causing a problem. This leaves the descision purely in the policemans hands, so if he doesnt like the look of your face, your Nicked!

This will obviously lead to some areas having de facto decriminalisation, as with that cafe and some other areas carrying on as normal.

There is also the issue of the difference between the senior police management and the 'beat' officers, the latter dont like the plan and some are talking about 'making a stand' and arresting everyone.

Rolly; I hope that plan works, from the way I understand the law I cant see how it will work, if you have the grass in your hand, its yours and you alone are busted with it. But as with everything it will come down the police, if they want to bust you they will.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

if you have the grass in your hand, its yours and you alone are busted with it.
    the premises will be hard to bust. yes ...if anyone is caught with it in their hand they'll be nicked alone ...if it's put on the table thats a different matter.
    we are hoping that it will not be in the interests of the police to actualy bother. theres nothing to stop them picking individuals off outsid either coming or going but will there be any point? there are enough magistrates already who smoke or have family who smoke ...there are also magistrates and judges that give the police a seriously bad time already for constantly dragging people before the courts for an ounce or two. the judicial system is seriously overloaded already ...the press are all geared up to see how matters will be policed ...local and national papers. there are those for and thoise against. all watching and waiting for a story.
    the cannabis laws hopefully are about to crumble ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Link.
    cheers RaS ...sounds very much like the stockport one.
  • Options
    Your entirely right Rolly, I think the best these clubs could do is muddy the waters enough to make the Police think its not worth the bother.

I would say the key way the police could bust you for this is through the law that prevents any house being used for smoking cannabis, even if you dont have any or smoke it yourself.
    This law is of course a bit of a joke compared to the fact that running a crack house is NOT against the law in of itself!
  • Options
    Yea but i wonder how the 'PSNI' will react to people caught with cannabis, they always done their own thing anyway.
  • Options
    anybody under the age of 18 doesnt even need to listen to the new laws, because youre still gong to get nicked instead of warned... oh, first time ive ever appreciated being an adult!