Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why you dont play with matches kids!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, so the Indian restaurant which backs onto my office went up in flames on Monday, and we have had a time and a half trying to get back into working order after the amount of smoke damage caused to our offices. One whole floor has been made unsafe, so i spent most of tuesday night moving all the computers up to the second floor on the other side of the building so people could work on wednesday morning. Anyways, here's a few photos:

1. The bathroom suite from the 3rd floor flat was found in the kitchen of the restaurant on the ground floor.

roof1.jpg

2. Straight down into the place

roof2.jpg

3. Our back wall runs parallel to the restaurant, the main supporting beam heated up so much, that a crack ran right up our wall from ground to the third floor. This is where we nearly went up in smoke aswell.

third1.jpg

4. Close up, the carpet was removed as it was melted and smouldering.... so close... :eek:

third2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Had some probs with the images, should be ok now... just reuploaded them :eek2:
  • Options
    so did kids playing with matches cause the fire? Or was that just a catchy title to suck us all into looking at your thread. Shame about the fire :(
  • Options
    Cause is still undetermined. The title was a warning, and the photos are the reason why!
  • Options
    Sounds grim, could have been worse I suppose. I'm not sure I would want to work the floor above one which has been deemed unsafe.