Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the kings of the earth and me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you look through the mists of time ...miss out the last three hundred years and just look at the previous 5,000.
my fruit bowl is full of bananas and oranges and apples and grapes and things ...my cupboards have foods and spices in them from every corner of the world. i press a button and water boils ...i turn a tap and fresh clean water flows ...i have a centraly heated and very comfortable home. if i need to travel i need neither ass nor camel ...i sit in a warm box with full orchestra to entertain and fly along a highway of many miles an hour. i wish to visit a foriegn land ...i fly.
what did the boy god king tutan wotsit have in comparrison? the great greek thinkers and philsophers ...the roman emperors have ...in comparrison?
i live like a king ...like a prince. i'm sure most of you do too.
amazing times we live in.

Comments

• Options
    you post such utter shite... really.

true many people don't realise how easy life is these days but this topic is still shite.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    you post such utter shite... really.

true many people don't realise how easy life is these days but this topic is still shite.
    your replies are so profoundly ignorant!
  • Options
    i know, i'm such a joy. :D

but still. my comment still stands.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    but this topic is still shite.

In your opinion, which your entitled to. However I think what Mr Roll is saying is right.

If we go back all those years to imagine how people lived its kinda unreal.
    Here we are today and so many things are taken for granted. Like people with 2 cars once upon a time you were rich if you owned 1.
    Now both partners tend to have cars, mummy drops little johnny off at school so she needs the car for that. Why cant they walk Oh no its too far.
  • Options
    Re: the kings of the earth and me.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if you look through the mists of time ...miss out the last three hundred years and just look at the previous 5,000.
    my fruit bowl is full of bananas and oranges and apples and grapes and things ...my cupboards have foods and spices in them from every corner of the world. i press a button and water boils ...i turn a tap and fresh clean water flows ...i have a centraly heated and very comfortable home. if i need to travel i need neither ass nor camel ...i sit in a warm box with full orchestra to entertain and fly along a highway of many miles an hour. i wish to visit a foriegn land ...i fly.
    what did the boy god king tutan wotsit have in comparrison? the great greek thinkers and philsophers ...the roman emperors have ...in comparrison?
    i live like a king ...like a prince. i'm sure most of you do too.
    amazing times we live in.

Very wise words there Mr. Roll :) Couldn't have said that all any better.:p
  • Options
    Re: Re: the kings of the earth and me.
    Originally posted by MySuffice21
    Very wise words there Mr. Roll :) Couldn't have said that all any better.:p

If you could, would you want to?
  • Options
    Makes you wonder how our lives will have changed in the next 50, 100 or 1000 years.

Interesting web site with timeline thingy :)
  • Options
    Even looking back 50 or 100 years our lives have changed drasticly for the better.

Did you know the average life expectancy for a chimney sweep in Dickens time was two weeks. Theres a little Factoid for you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Makes you wonder how our lives will have changed in the next 50, 100 or 1000 years.

Interesting web site with timeline thingy :)

wow that was interesting I have an urge to play civilization now though
  • Options
    The worlds encyclopedias, in all the languages and tongues imaginable, available at your finger tips. To send a message across far plains, takes no messenger travelling for days, no bird with note attached flying endlessly, again, at the click of a button, it is there.

Whoever says we dont have it easy, is wrong, very wrong :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    wow that was interesting I have an urge to play civilization now though

I got a similar tingle earlier whilst I was searching through that website also. :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Did you know the average life expectancy for a chimney sweep in Dickens time was two weeks.
    whaaa!
  • Options
    True... but at the same time society is very souless. Science seems to have taken the magick out of a lot of things.