Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confusion..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know where to start really so I guess I'll just take it from the top. Right, well I met this girl through college and at first we didn't really talk that much she was just a mate of a mate really, but then once (about a couple of months ago) when we were at the pub, both drunk, we ended up kissing and I ended up back at hers.

Thing is at the time we were both in relationships and while I was quite drunk I still had a wave of guilt hit me and I stopped it before anything major happened. Thing is, since then we've got together quite a few times - the majority of the time pissed but sober a few times too. A couple of weeks ago she came to stay over at mine and I think quite obviously we were both expecting something but she stopped it this time because once again she was in a relationship which is fair enough I can't complain especially as I did the same beforehand (at this point I'd split up with my girlfriend and was single).

Since that happened I've spoken to her and all that but nothing has happened and we haven't really had a proper conversation, for whatever reason I don't know. I mean yeah I did like her and if possible I would have liked things to have gone further but with other commitments I don't suppose it was really going to happen, so by now I'd forgotten about it really. We had arranged to meet up for a drink (albeit with friends as well) and she wasn't really talking much so I took that as the icing on the cake and just forgot about it.

Then, yesterday she rang me up out of the blue just to have a chat and see how I was and everything, regardless of the fact that when we're around each other we don't talk that much anyway, and this has just gone and confused me again.

Would you say she's simply being friendly and I'm reading too much into it, or would you take this as a sign or whatever? I dunno. :confused:

Advice on the general situation would be nice really. (Sorry it's so long!)

Comments

• Options
    Not a single reply? :o

Anyone, just general advice on the situation? How should I interpret this? :confused:
  • Options
    i think it would be hard for us to say, but is she single now or in a relationship? if she's in a relationship, my advice would be to leave it as mates as there is no harm in being friends, but if she is single, she could still have feelings for you. If she is single i would suggest meeting up for a drink just the two of you and take it from there, it will give you both a chance to share your feelings with each other. but if i was you, i would just go for it :)
  • Options
    sounds to me like shes just as confused as you are. also gettin together when ure drunk isnt gonna really get you very far. if u both fancy each other which it kinda appears to me then talk to her, tell her ure confused, whats the worst at could happen? if she likes u thats great, if she doesnt you can get on with your life.

hope this didnt sound harsh, just my thoughts

Tigerlilly :wave:
    xx
  • Options
    She sounds like a typical woman tbh, probably aint got a clue what she wants.
    How I see it is that if she was interested then she would have made the moves well before now. I personally *think* that maybe she just wants you as a mate and thats it.
    Its like she wants you then she doesent and to be honest thats no way to treat someone. You either want them or you dont, but dont fuck with their imagination.......which it seems she is doing to you.

I could be wrong though, but i really think if she wanted more to come of this she would have made the move before now.

Sorry :(
  • Options
    yeh i agree with becky on this one. it might well be that she just likes the attention and excitement which she might not be getting from her boyfriend right now.

either way, the only thing you can do is ask her coz she's the only one who knows.