Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

oh for god's sake; weather

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mums going on to me about this flight im hoping to get on tomorrow, she's heard on the news that we're expecting a big snow storm for three days or something?

i havent seen the news on this as of yet; is it really going to be that bad? and would it be bad enough to affect outbound and inbound flights? i cant understand the big panic myself - am i just being dense or is there really something to worry about?

Comments

• Options
    Well it was supposed to start today, but I haven't seen any snow yet.

If the weather is bad, then it wont fly.
  • Options
    i would have thought it'd be ok....flights go to snowy/stormy places all the time don't they??
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    i would have thought it'd be ok....flights go to snowy/stormy places all the time don't they??

thats exactly what i thought, but she's going on abnout the god damn plane not being able to land or something
  • Options
    thanks, thats good news. i think she's maybe just panicking for nothing. they'll tell me when i book my ticket anyway wont they? they would have put some sort of notice on the website if it was that bad.
  • Options
    I imagine that they would clear standing snow and stuff the only problem would be like a blizzard or something when it was meant to take off. or something.
  • Options
    yeh and to be honest i cant see that happening, not at around 10am tomorrow anyway, and i cant really see it happening on the way back, i'll be ocming back from an airport thats an hours drive from spain, i dont think they'll be suffering a blizzard at lunchtime
  • Options
    You'll be fine, worry not. Plane's takeoff, fly and land all the time in snow. They keep the runways clear, the pilots don't actually need to be able to see, and if it's too dangerous, they don't land.
  • Options
    i've been onto the BBCi website and they seem to say it'll be more of the north where there'l be a problem, so if you fancy a trip to the airport to wave me off tomorrow turtle, feel free
  • Options
    God, I hope it does not snow, my hair will go all gay and stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    God, I hope it does not snow, my hair will go all gay and stuff.

haha my dad just laughed at me when i said that snow would ruin my hair! :rolleyes: