Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Conversation starters with specific types of people.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What a name for a topic. :/

The weather sucks, so what do you talk about to someone who you like who you've spoken to before but don't talk to them on a daily basis (as an attempt to become better aquainted to them, almost)? Or, if you've spoken to them before but made a mistake which has made them feel uneasy around you (not to be confused with 'dislike' you?

This might have been done before, but as my criteria is so strict and precise it should be done again.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmm.. if i see someone who i don't see very often i say hello and smile. then he will stop and chat. i'll ask how he is, what he's been up to and he'll ask me. then take it from there. like if he says 'oh just been going out' then i'll ask 'oh where've you been?' 'was it good?' and if i've been i'll say what i think about it.

the main thing is to ask questions and be confident. comment on what they say as in my example so it's like you have something in common.

then when you feel the conversation is drawing to a close make sure you say first 'ok well nice seeing you but i've got to go now. byeeeee'