Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

immune system

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how can you boost your immune system?

i had the flu back in november time and since then ive just had cold after cold...and to be honest im fed up of it!

is there anyway i can boost my immune system to give me a fighting chance at feeling better?

Comments

• Options
    i know people who swear by echinacea, zinc and vitamin c, but they don't seem to have much of an effect on me.

although the zinc made my skin look lovely.
  • Options
    well i'll try anything as long as i feel better!
  • Options
    Echinacea, zinc gluconate, vitamin C and actimel drinks.
    If I feel a cold coming on, I dose myself up with all of those things and the cold never develops properly. I havent had a cold for ages and ages yet im around people with them all the time at the bingo hall! My hubby never used to believe me but he always used to get everything going, but ive since converted him, and now he never gets colds either, or if they do happen, they are mild and last 2 days max.
  • Options
    cheapest place to get echinacea and all the vitamin tablets, is savers chemist. They are 99p a bottle in there, whereas theyre about £7 in holland and barrett and about £3 or £4 in superdrug.
  • Options
    Re: immune system
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    how can you boost your immune system?

i had the flu back in november time and since then ive just had cold after cold...and to be honest im fed up of it!

is there anyway i can boost my immune system to give me a fighting chance at feeling better?

Do you still have your tonsils?

I used to be constantly sick as a child, get better, then my tonsils would reinfect me .. had them removed and was fine ..

Also whatabout your toothbrush?

You should either change it after a bought of flu or perhaps more easier dip it in antibacterial mouthwash or TCP every night to kill the germs and stop reinfecting yourself.
  • Options
    had my tonsils out about 10 years ago!

and i didnt think of that with my toothbrush...should try that