Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO Young Kaffrin!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I fancy customizing a blazer. But I don't wanna buy a new blazer and then guff it up. :(

You're a custom gal, any tips or websites? :D

x

Comments

• Options
    best thing to do is raid a charity shop. if there's not a blazer you like, buy something pretty similar and have a test run. that way you know when you do it on a nice blazer you won't balls it up. but there are hidded gems in charity shops. oh yes. especially in posh areas. the kind of things they throw out brings a tear to my eye.

sketch a few ideas out before hand, so you know what the deal is, and you don't cut it in half or sew it together in a strange fashion, or something silly. we've all done it.

raid ebay and those stuffy old military paraphernalia shops for cool patches and badges, and wander down the haberdashery for lace/cord/piping/buttons/iron ons, etc.... also my best friend the 'badge it'. make your own badges. and not the shit felt-tip type you made in school, but real, high quality pin-backed badges. i get unusually excited about that. 'badge it' + magazine/comic/colour printer = orgasm.

if you actually want to reshape it, keep trying it on and pinning it so it falls right on you, and you don't accidentally make it too small (which is VERY hard to fix). pins are your friends. they are good for everything, from holding patches on straight, to lining up seams. the plastic headed pins are better than dressmakers pins, cause they have plastic heads, and you can see them on the floor when you spill them everywhere (which you will, lots) and avoid pin-in-sole-of-foot type injuries (which mr. kaff shouts lots about).

this site has a few good ideas, and has links to other crafty sites. look under 'make'.

and good luck! :D

if you get stuck, i am rarely far from my computer. sadly enough.
  • Options
    Thank you, lovely :D
  • Options
    I vandalized my jeans like that. I bought some Levis for an insane amount of money and got bored with them. So, because they were slightly worn but not over the top I yanked the back pocket off making it straight black and cut a hole lower over my pocket - kind of like making a new pocket. I savaged them abit more but they look v. kickass.