Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Writing a resume

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to write a resume. My mother said there are lots of helpful sites on the internet that show you examples and such on how to do it. But I can't find anything useful. Does anybody know any sites? I actually don't even know if I spelled resume right :/

Also, I've never had a full time job and right now I'm not looking for anything remotly like a career. And all I've got for schooling is highschool and a 2 year degree. Is this going to make it difficult for writing it?

Comments

• Options
    google : 'writing a resume' seemed to pull up loads of sites,

I'm told your resume is basically the same as our CV ...

in which case all the article in this section should help

Do you have any careers advisors from your last college that can help you out, or one of your tutors should be able to point you in the right direction?

Good Luck

Susie :)
  • Options
    A few tips...

No more/less than 2 pages.
    Dont waffle, its a summary not an interview
    Keep it uncrowded but not empty
    Allow some of your character to be carried across, you dont want to appear dull.

Vodaphone once had a resume (CV) which included in a personal statment that they had once been declared clinicly dead. Vodaphone invited them in for an interview.
    Another example is my brothers A-Level results spell N-U-D-E, he was invited in for an interview and now works for the company.
  • Options
    Ok... I wrote on, what can I do to find out if its ok, like is there some place I could take it or show somebody to critique it and help out a bit?
  • Options
    Theres a bit on this site, follow the link in the previous post then go to the bits that say CV. Aslong as you big yourself up it'll be fine. That page tell you basically everything you need to know and include! Most places you fill in an application form anyway. I just wrote mine again tonight (not improved it in about 3 years heehee). Oh well, i've not needed it! Just kinda adapt it to whatever job your going for and you'll do gr8, good luck!
  • Options
    Hi there!

You can also consider these tips on creating a resume that will surely help you land a job;
    • Focus on Your Positive Achievements
    • Highlight your best points
    • Build up your image
    • Be specific with your job objective
    • Keep it short
    • Use the first page for your Job Objective, Skills, Accomplishments and Most Recent Job Experiences
    • Last but not the least, proofread your resume before submitting it to the company

:thumb:
  • Options
    Best to check the dates before you reply, this thread is from 2004.

Closing it now :)
This discussion has been closed.