Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tattoo removal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anybody give me any information on this?

Comments

• Options
    canes like a bitch
  • Options
    My sister had the tiniest tattoo...all in black, no colour. She had to go and have treatment on it 10 times to get rid of it.

If you have a colour one it'll take much longer and be more expensive and painful to remove.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    My sister had the tiniest tattoo...all in black, no colour. She had to go and have treatment on it 10 times to get rid of it.

If you have a colour one it'll take much longer and be more expensive and painful to remove.

It's painful? :S Is it very expensive do you know?

Thanks
  • Options
    do it with lasers here and it leaves ugly scars.
    i had a realy ugly big one on the back of my hand and when i opened an antique shop in the seventies it had to go ...it was embarr ssing.
    a tooth brush handle with a piece of cloth tied to the end. a pile of salt. a glass of water. you dip the cloth into the glass of water then in the salt. then you gently rub along the tattoo and grind it away. the salt acts as a painkiller so it doesn't hurt. it also steralizes as you go. you do it a bit each day. you end up with a black salt burn scab which you keep picking at to bring blood to the surface removing the ink.
    it realy is painless despite how awfulit sounds.
    my tattoo is virtualy gone. i didn't stick at it quite long enough to do a complete job. you have to look realy carefully to see it now as opposed to it being glaringly obvious.
    i was showing my doctor one day and he was amazed that there was no scarring at all ...suggested i write to the lancet!
  • Options
    What tattoo did you get? That you wanted removed.
  • Options
    acutually i want all 4 of them removed.
  • Options
    Are they really that bad? What did you get done?
  • Options
    i've got my fiancees name on my thigh, a clover under my navel and a paw print and a simba on my shoulder blades. I just don't want them. The clover just bothers me now, I've never really wanted the name, and I can't wear backless or strappy tops because I don't like tattoos shown.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    acutually i want all 4 of them removed.
    What? Even the Simba and the paw print??? I like the paw print.
    You've only had them done recently too, haven't you? So why the sudden change about tattoos? You've said how much you love them in the past. Why the change of opinion on them? :confused:
    Was it something someone said, or are you feeling low and just decided you don't like them? Or something else?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Yea, those 2 are quite new. I like the paw print too :D But I don't know... I don't even see them, but I know they are there and I honestly have not the slightest idea why I don't want them anymore. But at this exact moment in time, I don't want them.
  • Options
    Well, they're a part of you now, and you've just got to live with them, unless you can afford the expensive laser surgery. :( You've just got to accept them as you would with any other quirk on your body. And many people have tattoos nowadays, so don't worry about showing them off when wearing an off the shoulder top, swimsuit, or bikini. Got to admit that I think the name was a mistake, but if it's not too big, then cover up work is an option.

As a warning to anybody else, this is why you should always think very very hard (not saying you didn't my_name) and be so sure that it's what you want before having a tattoo. Most people have some sort of regret at a later time in their lives about their tattoos. Think about it hard. Find/create something you like, then leave it. If you still like the idea, and design, in a year's time, then it's probably for you. That's how I choose my piercings, but at least they're removable.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    This is why i thought long and hard about my tattoo, where i wanted it, what happened if i decided i didnt like it anymore.... and now, 4 years on, its still there, i still like it, and i might go and get some more added to it :)
  • Options
    My cousin had her fiance's name removed from her shoulder and she said i really really hurt, but i duno could just be her being a whimp!

on the other hand though... i want a tatoo :yes:
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    There's some info in this article that may shed some light.

Hope it helps,
    CB
  • Options
    my dads mate from the navy had it done and it came up in massive blisters, id rather live with the tattoos its scary