Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Itchy eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been getting really itchy eyes for about 3 days ish. It's mostly at night which kind of makes me think it might be tiredness but I haven't felt that tired and I've been getting more sleep than I usually do (I haven't been waking up as much). So I don't really know. My mum noticed it today that I was itching my eyes, but she didn't really comment other than when I said 'my eyes are really itchy', 'I can see that'.

But yeh, I don't think it's conjunctivitis because surely that would have come up properly by now, and my sister had it and her eyes were only itchy when her eyes were all gunky and stuff (it wasn't very nice to look at :p)

Suggestions?

Franki
X

Comments

• Options
    Does it really itch in the corner of your eye/s or under them just slightly? If so it's probaly a stye(SP?). Just go the chemist and get some stuff for it. Probaly won't have it longer than a week.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Does it really itch in the corner of your eye/s or under them just slightly? If so it's probaly a stye(SP?). Just go the chemist and get some stuff for it. Probaly won't have it longer than a week.

It's at the top, on the eyelid. Kinda right on the edge like. I don't think it's a stye anyway, cause I know what one of them looks like too :p
  • Options
    If it is an infection then rubbing them will make them worse, you maybe should try an eyewash or failing that use cotton wool to wipe them using boiled water (hot as you can stand).

If it persists see the quack :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    If it is an infection then rubbing them will make them worse, you maybe should try an eyewash or failing that use cotton wool to wipe them using boiled water (hot as you can stand).

If it persists see the quack :D

I don't think it's an infection, because then it would itch at the same annoyingness all the time. Sometimes it's worse than at other times, e.g. in English today it was pissing me off so badly, but I refused to itch it because my mum told me not to. But right now for instance, it's not too bad. My mum also told me to do an eye bath with cold water to stop it itching but I don't like putting water in my eyes :(

Groovaybaby - that's what it feels like, like when you get an eyelash or summit in your eye and it won't come out. 'Tis bloody irritating. It hasn't been that bad yet thankfully!

BTW Felix - it kinda went like how you said today, with the right on the corner of your eye thing. And my friend said that she gets that a lot and it probably is a stye *sighs* if it gets worse I shall go doctor.

Also, it alternates eyes. Like as I have been writing this my left eye has started itching, but in English it was my right eye :confused:
  • Options
    I assume you don't wear contact lenses??

Maybe you're becoming allergic to something

Just make sure you wash your hand often as if you're rubbing it then you're more likely to transfer something from your hand to your eye.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I assume you don't wear contact lenses??

Maybe you're becoming allergic to something

Just make sure you wash your hand often as if you're rubbing it then you're more likely to transfer something from your hand to your eye.

I don't, no. My mum thinks I might be allergic to something as well, and I've started using this new Nivea moisturiser, but my eyes started itching before I started using it.

I got chlorine in my eyes yesterday (was inevitable what with the mask clearing n stuff) which made it really bad! Oh well, should get better right?