Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where are my kidneys?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Stupid question I know, but I've got this pain in my back, on my right side. I've had a urine infection recently and I had a pain in my back which I told the doctor about and would assume was my kidneys. But today it's really really bad and just on one side. I'm in quite a lot of pain with it. Was just wondering, where exactly *are* my kidneys ie where would it hurt if it was that? It's just that I don't know if it's related to that or if it's just a sprained muscle or something.

Comments

• Options
    Just found this on a website for kids to understand about the body.

To locate your kidneys, put your hands on your hips, then slide your hands up until you can feel your ribs. Now if you put your thumbs on your back, you will know where your kidneys are. You can't feel them, but they are there.

So if the pain is there I persume it is your kidneys.
  • Options
    Thanks :) yeah it is around there. I'll see if it gets better when I've finished the antibiotics tomorrow. If not then I might have to pop to the doctors again.