Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

actimel? yacult?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
erm why???

what are they supposed to do?
whats the point in having all that 'good bacteria' inside ya? what does it actually do?!

Comments

• Options
    Re: actimel? yacult?
    Originally posted by tittletattle
    erm why???

To give boring, ugly men a talking point at dinner parties and increase their chances of scoring.

Check out http://www.uk.actimel.com/ for details on why they say to drink it.
  • Options
    Personally, i dont bother. I keep my vitamin, protein, carb, etc intake at a good level, eat healthily, so why spend whatever amount of money, on topping up bacteria, which is already there??

Waste of time and money in my oppinion, but the other half swears by them, and has one in the morning, and one before bed!
  • Options
    they taste like shit, are tiny and cost loads

now why would anyone want that?! :confused:

i think all this 'good bacteria' shit is a gimmick
  • Options
    ive had them once - and they tasted nice cos they were all yoghurty :) - Im young and fit (:p) so I don't actually need to top up my bacteria. It's not like I get ill often or anything. (speaking while he is ill)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i think all this 'good bacteria' shit is a gimmick

it's not. you need a healthy amount of 'good' bacteria to keep your guts functioning well.

the gimmick is that most people have enough anyway, and when it's depleted, say after a course of antibiotics, you can top it up by eating live yoghurt which is loads cheaper, tastes nicer and has been around for ages.
  • Options
    I love them, I think they taste nice and I swear by them for keeping colds at bay. they keep the immune system strong. I usually buy actimel or tescos own version.
  • Options
    In some countries they collect the empty Yackut bottles and melt them down to make limbs for people who's legs are blown off by landines!!!

And yes if you've been on antibiotics like for Acne or something else this often kills the good bacteria as well as the bad so topping up can help a lot.

You can also get the same thing in Pill form.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    In some countries they collect the empty Yackut bottles and melt them down to make limbs for people who's legs are blown off by landines!!!

*gawps*

I like Actimel. My mum buys them when she pretends to start a detox, but I just drink them because I like the taste, and they are there.
  • Options
    Yacult tastes like off milk, its foul.

Why not just have live yogart, it comes in nace flavours and as some one else pointed out its soooo much cheaper.
  • Options
    yoghurt is def better-tastes nicer-have it with jelly all mashed together-mm pure heaven!
  • Options
    I :heart: that stuff! Although, word of advice, don't ever drink 4 actimels in a row :no: makes you feel really sick and kinda defeats the whole object of drinking it in the first place . . .
  • Options
    my mother tried them for a while...she said they made her nose run which was apparently a sign that they were working
  • Options
    i may be the only one, but i would sleep with the guy in the yakult advert
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i may be the only one, but i would sleep with the guy in the yakult advert

:eek2: