Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

thrush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ever since ive been on the contraceptive pill i get thrush every month the first time i got it i had the intense itching and soreness but now i dont have that i just the icky discharge is it still thrush or is it somthing else. also would going on the mini pill make any difference?

Comments

• Options
    If you and your partner were using condoms but then stopped when you went on the pill it is highly likely that he has thrush and now keeps re-infecting you.

If this is likely then you'll both need to get treated. Basically - someone has probably passed thrudh on to you, or you may have developed it if you ever had a course of antibiotics and now keep reinfecting eachother?
  • Options
    we always use condoms and every month i have to take the blue pill to get rid of the thrush but the doctor just said that in some women re-occuring thrush can happen to people on the pill so i was wondering if going on the progestin only pill would help cause there is no estrogen in them
  • Options
    Ah - I don't know then. I wasn't aware the pill could give you thrush. When i had it the chemist was really funny about giving me the pill to get rid of it..I got the third degree!!