Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Midwifery.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive always wanted to work with babies and i wanted to be a nursery nurse, but now id love to be a midwife. I was talking to my mate today and she said that you dont have to do a nursing course, you can do a midwifery course and train on that on just that if u get me? Is that right? Could anyone tell me where i can get some info on it? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    I think you need to do your A Levels, and one of those should be Biology, or a healthcare related higher education course, and then you can do a degree in Midwifery.
  • Options
    I looked into this for a while, if you go onto UCAS there are a few unis that offer midwifery courses, such as Leeds and UEA. You need reasonable A level grades, but i don't think it's essential for you to have biology - worth checking though.
  • Options
    checked it all out, am doing health and social care, sociology, physcology and re at a-level, and going to either leeds or chester uni to do midwifery course after! woohoo! :D