Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gluton Intolerance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, how do you know if you have this? Everytime I eat pasta/rice i always get really bad diareeah (sp?) yet I think I mmust eat gluton in other foods and they dont seem to affect me. (except fish and sausge but dont think they contain gluton do they??!!??)
DOes anyone know what other foods have gluton high content and wether I just cant eat pasta/rice for anoter reason?
Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds like you have an intolerance to those foods, it doesnt have to be the gluten in them. My husband went for one of those intolerance tests at holland and barrett, it cost him £34 and they tested which foods he had a reaction to. it turns out now that he cant eat beef, lettuce, kiwis, or oats and there are two E numbers that he cant tolerate either I think its E320 and E330. since cutting all those things out, his IBS has really improved.
    I recommend the test, as they dont make you eat the foods, they make you hold two metal probes and they measure electrical current in your body when certain foodstuffs are put in their machine. It tells you whether there is a mild, medium or marked intolerance. Youd have to go into one of their stores to find out about the tests if you were interested.