Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would you suggest counselling?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well unlike most, i am so glad that christmas is over. In the past month i have had the worst time of my life so far.
After slowly coming through an abortion that i have mixed feelings about, i went through a very crap time at home. I have had argument after argument, been very badly hurt and all i can think is that things would have been different if i had kept the baby.
I am feeling so low. I have cried everyday uncontrollably for the past two weeks and how my boyf has put up with me i will never know.
I just feel like i am being badly punished for something and at the moment i just cant see any happiness ever coming back in my life.
Although i am extremely tired, which doesnt help my mood as i get very stroppy when im tired, i have had a loss of appetite which i believe are symptons of depression?
I would really like to be able to talk to someone away from the situation, so would anyone reccommend counselling? and how would i go about finding a counsellor? i was given a card from the hospital after the abortion, but would i be able to speak to them about all of the other things that have been happening in my life aswell?
thanks for any help,
luv cinderella xxx

Comments

• Options
    Counselling may help you, different people take to it in different ways... It doesnt suit everyone tho. There are also different types of counselling.
    YOu could ring the number the hospital gave you and ask for an appointment and see how you get on... When u make the appointment, u can ask whether its just to talk about the abortion, or whether you can talk about other events in your life. If they say only the abortion, then they may be able to recommend a counsellor who you can talk to about all subjects.
    *hugs*
  • Options
    Hi,

So sorry to hear that you're not feeling too great. I'd suggest going to see your GP, he can always recommend someone for you to talk to.

This article on depression from thesite might be of interest - what is depression?
    there's a couple of numbers at the bottom of page that you could ring that will be of help if you don't fancy going to see your GP.

Best of luck with it all

Love Lu x
  • Options
    Hi there

If you wish to talk specifically about the abortion, Brook offer phone-counselling no matter how long ago it was, the number is in this article after an abortion

We also have a factsheet on counselling here

Take care

Susie :)