Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Webby Cams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can any of thesiters people recommend a website site where you can view free webcams.

Or can you direct me to a form of software which enables you to do the same type of thing.

Also, is they a piece of software that you can have & you give people a number. Then they can view your webcam.

The reason I ask is because I have a crappy digi cam which also doubles as a webcam & i just want to use this function.

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    i use net meeting. you can connect through ip address through there and i think it rocks :D
  • Options
    MSN Messenger does the same thing with webcams

so does MS Portrait
  • Options
    Sorry none of those are any use because there isn't a Mac version :( But there msn does have a Mac version but the newest is only version 3.5 :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Sorry none of those are any use because there isn't a Mac version :( But there msn does have a Mac version but the newest is only version 3.5 :mad:

theres a program for mac's called winsoft and it lets you use all windows programs so thats easy
  • Options
    webcamXP? :confused: I know lil_kazzy (is she still around?) used to use that a lot. 1983 used it once or twice as well. Not sure of the website though so you might be best to google it. And not sure if it will work with macs (hence the name webcamXP) but it worked when I had windows ME which is shite so it should work with anything really :)
  • Options
    There's loads of people with web cams @ www.earthcam.com - you can set up your own channel so people can watch your web cam and chat to you in a your own chat room.

Net Meeting, everyone has this on their computer. Once you set it up you can give friends your IP address by putting it into Net Meeting their end and then you can view each others web cams or they can just view yours if they don't have one.

There is also software you can get that enables you to run your web cam from your website. www.kazzles.co.uk is an example there.
    Take a look here
    And here
    Freeware
    Shareware

Take a look at the freeware one and about 3 products down there's one called TrueTech Web Cam - it seems quite good if you want to stream your web cam from your website so anyone accessing your site will be able to view it.