Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whats wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Look at this

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kruderuk/random/desktop2.JPG

See the context menu on the bottem left of my desktop? When I right click on my desktop I only get those few options and not everything else you should have when you right click.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Im guessing as your using winxp, that your not the administrator on the computer and only have basic user rights. Meaning you cant fiddle about with the PC. If your the only one to use the pc, set up an admin account or give your username full access rights.

Hope that makes some sense.
  • Options
    Re: Whats wrong?
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Look at this

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kruderuk/random/desktop2.JPG

See the context menu on the bottem left of my desktop? When I right click on my desktop I only get those few options and not everything else you should have when you right click.

Suggestions?

Have the same thing, come up, with mine, and I have windowsxp, so I think that you may have windowsxp, too, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    If the shell was screwed, you'd be having more problems, so i think it is a permissions problem. Are you the only person who uses that PC? Who set it up for you? I could run through solving the problem, but you might need the administrator password to fix it. let me know :)
  • Options
    I set it up and I'm ADMIN (proper ADMIN). Not sure what was wrong with it but it's gone back to normal now...