Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

anyone got a mini digital camera from the gadget shop?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
because i got one today and every time i try to download pics, it says 'connection error', and i don't know why... it's connected correctly... but the instructions are crap and there's no online manual... any help please?

Comments

• Options
    I got one as a present. When you say 'download pics' do you mean transfer them? All I can think of is that the connections aren't right. I haven't had any problems. Sorry.
  • Options
    Well, which camera is it? They sell loads of different models?
    That's just like saying "I can't find the switch on my car to turn on the headlights" We'd ask "which car"? You want some help, then help us help you. :rolleyes:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Well, which camera is it? They sell loads of different models?
    That's just like saying "I can't find the switch on my car to turn on the headlights" We'd ask "which car"? You want some help, then help us help you. :rolleyes:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Pedantic... I said 'mini digital camera' in the subject, that is the model. And Capacity knew what I was talking about. I got it for a present too... and yeah, I guess I do mean transferring em. Can anyone else help? :(
  • Options
    Make sure its in the USB port thingy properly. Also, unplug anything else if you have another USB port.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Pedantic... I said 'mini digital camera' in the subject, that is the model. And Capacity knew what I was talking about. I got it for a present too... and yeah, I guess I do mean transferring em. Can anyone else help? :(
    But do you mean the G Smart Mini 3 camera, or the Micro Precision camera (which everyone will think of as a mini camera)?

So there isn't a camera called the "Mini Digital Camera", so neeerrrr! :D

Have you tried it on another computer to see if it's the camera, or a problem with the computer, or conflicts with computer software. You may have some problems if you have another imaging device attached/installed on the computer - such as a camera, scanner, webcam, etc. You may have to select the correct device first.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Make sure its in the USB port thingy properly. Also, unplug anything else if you have another USB port.
    Ah, that reminds me of a problem I had with an old computer, where the webcam would only work on one of the USB ports. Strange, but there you go. So check connections, and try different USB ports too.
    Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers too?
    You can also try uninstalling them, then rebooting, reconnect the camera and wait for the computer to recognise the new device and request the drivers from the disk. That sometimes does the trick.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Nope... it has 'mini digital camera' written on the camera, on the instructions, and on the box. No other name. So neeer backatcha :D I *am* right hehe :D

I think I'll have to get my mate to try it out on his, mebbe. I do have another camera installed on the comp because I got two for Christmas so maybe it's because of that...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Ah, that reminds me of a problem I had with an old computer, where the webcam would only work on one of the USB ports. Strange, but there you go.
    Mr_Wobble ;)

Not so strange. My scanner only works with my printer's port, so I have to disconnect my printer to use my scanner. Funnily enough, that is the only USB that works with my printer :chin: