Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Boy and Girl Mates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a rather pointless thread but im going to say it anyway :D

Some people think its impossible for a boy and girl to be really good mates and nothing else. Thats not true!

Iv been friend with this girl for over a year and a half now, yeh we did used to have a thing going ages ago but now were best friends! We can talk about things comfortably and its a real gift!

So for you people who think its not possible to have a best friend of the opposite sex, get you head checked.

Thanx for reading :)

Comments

• Options
    yes your right, that is a pointless thread.
  • Options
    my best mate is a guy, and weve slept together it dosent change a thing if your freindship is strong enough, im not attracted to all male friends either
  • Options
    I think the point of that thread which said that girls and guys couldn't be friends was that SOMETHING almost always happens. RudeBwoy, you say that you used to have a thing going on with your friend, therefore you've backed that up.
  • Options
    yep its true me and her did have a little thing going ages ago, but now were best mates.

What im trying to say is, some people think that you cant be friends with the opposite sex because everyone is sexually attracted to eachother. Iv got loads of other girl mates and weve never had anything going on.
  • Options
    all my close male friends that i've ever had have fancied me/tried it on.
    maybe something doesn't happen in every close female-male friendship but i bet there's an attraction though from either the bloke or girl.
  • Options
    I have boy mates where nothing has happened, but they aren't people I'm really good mates with.

The people who I have been best mates with, either they've been in love with me (i.e Greg) or we were in a 'relationship' before (i.e Richard, who is now one of the very best friends I have). You can't be really close with someone without either you liking them, them liking you, or something having gone on before.
  • Options
    Of course it is possible, I have a mate who is a girl and I am in no way attracted to her.

mind you, neither is anyone else
  • Options
    We have just had a massive long discussion about this very same subject, only days ago.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    my best mate is a guy, and weve slept together it dosent change a thing if your freindship is strong enough

wanna be BESTEST friends?
    :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bennie your apparently 18 yet you act about 12 why is that?
  • Options
    well yes i have got loads of boy mates and there are a few i hang around with in specific....but two of them i had a thing with, one i was mates with and hes my boyfriend now and the other well nothings going to happen there, but relationships or flings with boy m8s can ruin a friendship sometimes i mean i was best mates with one of the guyes and now we barely speak and the other i fell out with big time.. i suppose it depends on the personalities
  • Options
    This is something which rankles with me. I'm a guy with probably more very close female mates than male ones, yet people seem incapable of seeing why i never 'move closer' to them. Can't you just be friends with the opposite sex? I'd far rather be close friends with someone, than move in on them then wreck that friendship. After nearly doing that once, I don't want to go there again. It also pisses me off when I talk to a girl and she automatically assumes I want to get off with her. Some of us aren't like that!!!

Oh yeah and that bloody taxi driver in Liverpool the other week... conversation went like this...
    HIM: "You single?"
    ME: "Yeah"
    "Hmm... there are a lot of tasty students here."
    "Yeah I know"
    "Any luck with any of them?"
    "No. I just have lots of female friends at the moment, no girlfriends."
    "Nah, there's no such thing as a female friend! You only befriend them if you want to shag them."

Cue forced laugh from me. Its people like him who give us blokes a bad name.

*rant over*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Of course it is possible, I have a mate who is a girl and I am in no way attracted to her.

mind you, neither is anyone else

LMAO :lol:

Yes, I have a number of girl mates. Including our very own 1983, and we can honestly say that there has never been, never will be and we've never thought about there being an "us".

Except her wet dreams :p