Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How many of you...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would like a relationship with someone but cant find that special someone ?

( im single and it wil prob stay that way forever)

I kinda feel down because i want someone to Love, and to love me, i know it sounds selfish but im usually the type of person who thinks about everyone else, and its about time i got me someone anyway, but no ones interested.....

I know about all that looking desperate stuff etc etc and its not like i go around looking for someone, although i do want someone, im always myself all of the time, thats all you can be.I just want to be happy, and having a g/f would ( in my eyes) solve that problem, every where i look i see couples, all bar one of the friends i have here has a g/f, not that im jealous but i look at how happy they are and wish i had that.Also the people i fancy just now arent available, and part of me wishes i could be more with one of them, the other, well, who knows, i just dont get her.

Anyone else got anything similar to this ??

p.s. sorry to rant like this *apologies*

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure most people that are single will agree with you. I was in a relationship for 3 years and I've been single for about 9 months now and it sucks. All my friends are in relationships and getting married, having babies, moving in together and all that, and I havent even got a fella. But that's how it goes sometimes, I've gone past the being depressed about it stage now *shrugs*
  • Options
    I'll tell you what mate, what I said to another mate of mine last night.

Love is a saviour, a lot of people rely on it so much that when they get that someone, they put every effort into it, and become so reliant they make themselves ill with worry about every flaw. This is because they have put a lot of expectation to make this "love" into the epitome of "love" itself.

I think it'd be best to wait until you're happy with who you are, and what you have so you can have an easy going, fun, yet stable thing going on.

Well, that's what I'm going to do.

Starting with quitting my job, it's just the fucking balls, really.

Anyways, sort yourself out and be chuffed, and don't go looking for love. Enjoy making the small talk, and getting to know each other. That's what enables the comfortableness between you both.

Urgh, maybe I talk cack. :\

Some of that makes sense, like.
  • Options
    *raises hand*

tho sometimes i welcome the being single and only having to think of myself....though it would be nice to have someone to cuddle up to sometimes.....
  • Options
    Re: How many of you...
    Originally posted by mr moo
    Would like a relationship with someone but cant find that special someone ?

( im single and it wil prob stay that way forever)

I kinda feel down because i want someone to Love, and to love me, i know it sounds selfish but im usually the type of person who thinks about everyone else, and its about time i got me someone anyway, but no ones interested.....

I know about all that looking desperate stuff etc etc and its not like i go around looking for someone, although i do want someone, im always myself all of the time, thats all you can be.I just want to be happy, and having a g/f would ( in my eyes) solve that problem, every where i look i see couples, all bar one of the friends i have here has a g/f, not that im jealous but i look at how happy they are and wish i had that.Also the people i fancy just now arent available, and part of me wishes i could be more with one of them, the other, well, who knows, i just dont get her.

p.s. sorry to rant like this *apologies*

I know exactly what you mean because I feel the same way, except b/f, well, or g/f, and just, also, feel that I will always be alone, forever and will never find that perfect someone, but oh well, guess that's life for ya, sometimes, but just wish you all the best of luck in finding that special someone.
  • Options
    I guess I'm one of those..

But I know that like how I am feeling right now, I would probably be a real cow to the poor fella. :o Think I need to sort myself out before expecting anything positive from anybody else.

So I wait..
  • Options
    *dances the love dance*
    Ha ha...a few months ago I was single and loving it. Everyone used to say "ah its a shame your single, your a lovely girl" blah blah, well excuse me but I was happy! Why do people feel the need to feel sorry for single people, if they are happy?!
    Anyway, the point, im not single now and ive never been happier in my life! I wasnt looking or wanting but its the best thing that ever happend to me and nothing beats this feeling! So, I wouldnt want to be single for the world now and I have that extra special someone!
    So, now if I was ever to be single again, id would be in your situation! I just didnt know what I was missing!

Hope you all find someone but one piece advice, you never get it if your looking for it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Love is a saviour, a lot of people rely on it so much that when they get that someone, they put every effort into it, and become so reliant they make themselves ill with worry about every flaw. This is because they have put a lot of expectation to make this "love" into the epitome of "love" itself.

i like that, never thought about it much though in that sense... i feel a new sig there too... though i can say that is probably true and i think im one of those people, thats why me and my ex broke up cause i just wanted everything perfect... was too busy trying to correct all the things i thought where not quite perfect... and well we broke up.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say im out looking for love. The last girl I fancied, she liked me back as just a friend so we're just mates now. But for the time being I'm happy like this and don't feel I *need* to be looking for someone who can give me love etc. :)
  • Options
    I would love a bf, esp right now.
    I want someone to make me gfeel loved n happy n safe! cos me no feel any of that right now... :(
    I want some one to tell me when ibe driunk too much n when to go to bed tahter thatn come on net...
    Someone to gio to bed with woulf be v nice...
    :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    I would love a bf, esp right now.
    I want someone to make me gfeel loved n happy n safe! cos me no feel any of that right now... :(
    I want some one to tell me when ibe driunk too much n when to go to bed tahter thatn come on net...
    Someone to gio to bed with woulf be v nice...
    :naughty:

Aww hunni...you drunk to much, :P
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Aww hunni...you drunk to much, :P

Yep i did, and reading back over posts i made, and texts i sent people is not a good thing :blush:

Apologies
    k
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    Yep i did, and reading back over posts i made, and texts i sent people is not a good thing :blush:

Apologies
    k

Awww its okay *hugs*
  • Options
    Re: How many of you...
    Originally posted by mr moo

*raises hand*

my problem is not the fact that shes taken...because she isnt, its just shes ALWAYS pilling out of her face, and she cant take it, it sickens me and upsets me to see her in that state, i could never bring myself to make a move on her when shes like that and she wouldnt remember even if i did.