Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Work relationships & age gap!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
oh dear, i pulled a work colleague the other day at the staff do...she's very very good looking and we get on really really well. Infact we get on even better after we pulled although she doesnt talk about what happend! Theres a real stinker though- she's 22 im 18. A nice big age gap and the fact i work with her isnt exactly good news but i fancy the shit out of her!!! we both get on so well everyone thinks we're an item anyway! does anyone have any ideas as this is really really messing my head up!
thanks

Comments

• Options
    its only 4 years...and your both adults. i dont see the problem if you really like her...
  • Options
    Re: Work relationships & age gap!
    Originally posted by loz
    although she doesnt talk about what happend!

Well it seems like shes acting 18! Just try and talk to her about it and maybe she feels the same way bout you.

good luck!:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    its only 4 years...and your both adults. i dont see the problem if you really like her...
    :yes: I agree with this :D
    and thread starter, your making me feel old!
  • Options
    That's not an age gap. I'd call it an age gap once you're getting on for about a decade, or more's, difference. Enjoy it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    4 years isnt an age gap..

19 is though...

there is a bloke at my work...im 17, hes 28 and he wants to go out with me....umm....euw! to old for me thanx!
  • Options
    thanks

cheers everyone, i'll keep it on the backburner, on a simmer...so to speak, and just see what happens. might 'accidently' bump into her on a night out and see if it happens again. here we go!
  • Options
    I wouldnt see the age as a problem.

The fact that you work together, might make it hard for a good relationship, but, it may also make it a strong one from the outset! Just got to see what happens....
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    there is a bloke at my work...im 17, hes 28 and he wants to go out with me....umm....euw! to old for me thanx!

I know a 68 year old guy who is with a 22 year old. Been with her since she was 16, I think. :eek2: That's almost 50 years..

Then the guy started hitting on me, and cocky enough to talk to me as if I'd bed him whenever he wanted to. I'm only 18 now (was 15 at the time). :yuck: :mad:

4 years isn't much at all. :)
  • Options
    loz are you a girl or a guy O.o;

as for yer problem, dont worry bout the age gap at all :)
  • Options
    You wanna try having your married 52 year old (and yet soooo damn sexy!) boss trying it on at the Xmas party! That's what happened to me on Friday.. I did the sensible thing and pushed him away, and now he's acting like he was too drunk to remember anything.

Thing is, we get on sooo well at work normally (like best mates, despite the age gap of 33 years), but now there's a big "unspoken issue" thing between us :s Ah well, hopefully, it'll pass soon... *sigh*
  • Options
    im a bloke though so its obviously a bit different for her being 22 n all! our supervisor said we flirted like hell today though...ah well we'll see what happens
  • Options
    Originally posted by loz
    im a bloke though so its obviously a bit different for her being 22 n all! our supervisor said we flirted like hell today though...ah well we'll see what happens

My brother is currently dating a 32 year old woman with a 12 or 13 year old son. She is 7 years older than him. They seem to get along just fine and are even considering to move in together soon (they met each other last summer). Sure enough my parents were a bit sceptical at first, but now that they've met her they're starting to get used to it. My brother also made sure to tell them whenever they seemed to be going to ask if she wasn't too old that it was nothing that bothered him.

In the end it ultimately comes down to what the two of you want (if you take it any further). If you, yourself, think the gap's too big then nothing we'll say will really matter. ;)
    Just enjoy yourself, and see where it goes. Good luck! :)