Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Breakthrough Bleeding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been on Microgynon 30 for about 9 months now and so far haven't had any problems. For no apparent reason, this month I've suddenly had a breathrough bleed. Everything I've read said this is normal in the first couple of months but doesn't mentioned what it means when it suddenly happens after you've been on the pill for a while. I never miss a pill and take it at the same time each day. I'm about a week away from the end of the pack and had sex recently. We used a condom but it split so I guess there's a really tiny chance I could've been pregnant.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I guess I want reassuring that it isn't a miscarriage or something (not that I want to be pregnant, I would like to think I haven't been!).

Thanks.

Saucepot :confused:

Comments

• Options
    And just so no one tells me off (if this question has been asked before) I couldn't get the Pregnancy Scares link in the FAQ to work and I couldn't find any previous questions that completely answered mine!

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    it might be a sign that the particular pill isn't strong enough for you

that's what my doctor told me too...

it's possible that for some reason it wasn't absorbed properly on that day - maybe you had a dodgy stomach, or took it a bit late?

but yeah, the standard advice, if you're still worried, the doctors, family planning clinic or NHS direct are the places to be :)
  • Options
    erm sorry for being stupid...but whats breakthrough bleeding :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    erm sorry for being stupid...but whats breakthrough bleeding :confused::confused::confused:
    bleeding in between your periods, in this case in he middle of taking her pills before she gets to the 7 day break
  • Options
    oh thank you....i didnt know that happens with the pill :s blah i'll shush now