Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Yet another pill question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, i want to start going on the pill and i was given a brand called Nordette....anyone got any experience with it and is it any good?

btw i would really appreciate it if you could get back to me cause im meant to be starting it in 4days :s

Comments

• Options
    have you tried Google-ing it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    have you tried Google-ing it?

Or maybe asking the doctor about it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    :p i assumed she would have, but you can get people's opinions on Google too :)
  • Options
    yes in fact i have googled it...but it gave me the same stuff which was in the leaflt inside the packet AND im not going to ask the doctor cos he will go and tell my parents which i dont particularily want....just thought someone might be able to tell me if its good or not. i didnt ask for rolling of eyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    :p i assumed she would have, but you can get people's opinions on Google too :)

I was rolling my eyes at her not you & your suggestion! heh ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I was rolling my eyes at her not you! heh ;)

yeh well sorry about that...im just wy too tressed lately hun...
  • Options
    how are you getting the pill if you don't want your doctor to know about it? :confused:
  • Options
    over the counter and the pharmacist told me its a good one but i dunno....id like to make sure and stuff...but not by talking to the doctor
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    over the counter and the pharmacist told me its a good one but i dunno....id like to make sure and stuff...but not by talking to the doctor

You can get the pill over there counter over there? :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    You can get the pill over there counter over there? :eek2:

yarr and thats a good thing in my case hun....can we get back to the question here please
  • Options
    I dont think its a very good idea to be buying the contraceptive pill over the counter. Im sure your pharmacist isnt giving you the right medical attention as your doctor would. What about blood pressure? You should have your blood pressure checked every time you go for a new packet of pills.

If you get the pill from your doctor, not only will it be free (im assuming this, obviously you're in another country so im not entirely sure) but she/he will be able to go through all the risks and side-effects that you may incur from the medication, and evaluate your personal risk level to these dangers.

As for your doctor telling your parents, thats not allowed. doctors arent allowed to breach confidentiality. What makes you think that your mum's not going to walk into the pharmacy just as your paying? You're only 4 days off being 18!! You can do whatever the hell you want! But honestly, your doctor is not allowed to tell your parents anything that you dont consent to, and its not like he's got a spare 10 minutes to call up your house 'just to let your parents know'. And your parents have no right to go to your doctor and request to see your medical details. No one is entitled to them other than you.

Obviously i dont know if its exactly the same where you are, but thats how it works here and i cant see it being that much different.

Just think practically and try not to worry about it. Just remember that the pill is medication, anything can go wrong, no matter how unlikely or likely (depending on your physical and medical circumstances) this may be, problems can occur, and the more sensible way you go about obtaining the pill and thus getting the correct medical attention whilst taking the pill, the better.
  • Options
    having read what and thought about what you said bada i think i might go and see a doctor i mean what harm could it do....even if they did happen to find out (my parents) at least i did the reponsible thing and see a doctor...so like taa hun and i need to bugger off for more crimbo type thing :rolleyes: