Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Apperance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
following welsh babes thread..

Why on earth do you women moan so much about your weight or your apperance, you wear tons of makup to look better, and in effect i prerfer women without makup...

theres always something wrong...you hate your nose, you hate your mouth, your too fat, your too skinny....why on earth is it such a big deal, 99% of guys dont give half a one about there apperence, okay to a certain extent we do, but we dont hate part of ourselves, if something was different, we wouldnt be us :\

Comments

• Options
    As I've got older I worry less about how I look. I mean, I still like to look nice and still make an effort all the time, but I don't worry whether my boobs are too small, or my legs are too skinny etc like I did when I was younger! I think that's cos as I've got older I realise that most blokes aren't that bothered about things like that so why should I be?
  • Options
    generalisation!!

i don't *hate* any part of myself. i'm quite content thankyou :p
  • Options
    lol, so it was just when you were younger...how old were you?
  • Options
    Re: Apperance
    Originally posted by Bennie
    and in effect i prerfer women without makup...

I think all guys do. But no women will ever listen when you tell them, typical eh. ;p
  • Options
    like faith said, as you get older you worry less about your appearence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    like faith said, as you get older you worry less about your appearence.

we can tell :D
  • Options

Why on earth
    because and i'm sure there will be those who dissagree ...no other generation has been so powerfully told what to think and feel as yours.
  • Options
    we can tell :D
    oi oi!

i said 'worry' not care :p
  • Options
    You know what I hate? Earings ( sp). I hardly ever notice jewelery, and it has never made a girl look any more attractive, so why spend £80 on them? "Because other girls notice them" is what one friend said. So what? You aren't lesbians! You don't want to attract other girls, and many guys I know ( though admittedly there will be quite a few) just don't care.
  • Options
    heheheh lipsy :p

roll ;x thats true :p
  • Options
    theres only one place where jewlery would make a difference, and that difference would be a definate turn off :p
  • Options
    I don't wear makeup or earrings, where are all my blokes, hmmm? :p
  • Options
    because some of us have deep seated issues going back several years. and abolutely no self esteem.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    because some of us have deep seated issues going back several years. and abolutely no self esteem.
    ...and that.
  • Options
    yea...and that :X

laura by teh looks of your avatar, the guys would be all over you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    well i dont wear makeup to try and attract other men. Whoever says most women look better with no makeup is talking bollocks. most women look best with a little bit of well applied makeup. I look like shite without makeup but look quite presentable when ive done myself up. i also think the same of other girls. Of course some girls can get away with it and still look gorgeous with none on, but im not that lucky. Most girls who dont wear it, its not because they look better without it, its because they dont want to have the hassle of keep putting it on every day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    well i dont wear makeup to try and attract other men. Whoever says most women look better with no makeup is talking bollocks. most women look best with a little bit of well applied makeup. I look like shite without makeup but look quite presentable when ive done myself up. i also think the same of other girls. Of course some girls can get away with it and still look gorgeous with none on, but im not that lucky. Most girls who dont wear it, its not because they look better without it, its because they dont want to have the hassle of keep putting it on every day.

Why do women feel the need to apply a little bit of makeup? To make them look better? Why aren't guys like that? I think theres somethin great about girls who dont wear makeup, not sure about what you said with the hassle of putting it on every day though :confused:
  • Options
    i dont plaster on the make up at all, i jus prefer to highlight my good bits rather than moan about the ones im not so happy with
  • Options

Why on earth do you women moan so much about your weight or your apperance, you wear tons of makup to look better, and in effect i prerfer women without makup...

theres always something wrong...you hate your nose, you hate your mouth, your too fat, your too skinny....why on earth is it such a big deal, 99% of guys dont give half a one about there apperence, okay to a certain extent we do, but we dont hate part of ourselves, if something was different, we wouldnt be us :\
    because I see men looking and commenting on beautiful girls in the street and on the telly and I never look a thing like these girls.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    because image is emphasised, its how you make your first impression, you are representing the company .. its part of your job to look imacculate

which company would this be? :eek2:
  • Options
    I don't really care... although if anybody's to blame it's the media. I mean some people will do anything to follow the fashion and maybe they set their standards to those stick thin celebrities on television?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Apperance
    Originally posted by Chav
    I think all guys do. But no women will ever listen when you tell them, typical eh. ;p

It depends on the woman - some look fine with zero make-up whilst some could do with a little to bring out their eyes or stop their lips from looking pale, etc.

But generally a little - light make-up looks better then tonnes of the stuff!!
  • Options

dont flame me for this but...

theres always something wrong...you hate your nose
    to be honest i like my nose' profile....just not the front view
    Originally posted by Faith
    As I've got older I worry less about how I look.
    but like your pretty enough to not need to worry
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    most girls do have some of that.....especially in the mild forms of insecurity
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Whoever says most women look better with no makeup is talking bollocks. most women look best with a little bit of well applied makeup. I look like shite without makeup but look quite presentable when ive done myself up. i also think the same of other girls. Of course some girls can get away with it and still look gorgeous with none on, but im not that lucky. Most girls who dont wear it, its not because they look better without it, its because they dont want to have the hassle of keep putting it on every day.
    i agree with all that because i know i look really pale without any make up on and i tend to just slap a bit of concealer, eyeliner and a tiny bit of colour to my cheeks....and i look totally different, but i dont wear make up daily cos i cant be arsed really
    Originally posted by rachie004
    because image is emphasised, its how you make your first impression, you are representing the company .. its part of your job to look imacculate
    but isnt this true for men as well?
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    because I see men looking and commenting on beautiful girls in the street and on the telly and I never look a thing like these girls.
    you dont have to look like them....all men dont have the same opinion of an ideal girl
  • Options
    hi

i dnot think apperance has anything to do with going otu with someone. But thats my oppnion
  • Options
    i agree with amrican beauity
  • Options

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but f**king hell. Talk about putting everyone in the same pot!
    I have you know i only wear a little makeup, i prefer it this way.
    Oh and the 99% of blokes who don't care about how they look is a load of bollocks. Lots of Men do care, boys might not!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Apperance
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite

you dont have to look like them....all men dont have the same opinion of an ideal girl
    I know this more than most hun. I believe everyone likes different people and everyone looking the same would be shit. Although I will continue to wory slightly over it and I still will have that teensy but of jealousy. I have just leanrt how to live with it *shrugs*
    :)

Thanks for your reassurance.
  • Options
    The thing is that you may be initially attracted to someone for their looks but anything long-term will be rooted in something deeper.

But even so, it's nice to feel good when you go for a night out. I hear people comparing everyone they see all the time and I feel pressured to come off favourably in such comparisons. It's not just the media who put pressure on girls to look good, our peers are just as responsible.