Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Good move or very bad move?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

I haven't used this site for ages but I know everyone's really quite worldly wise here so I'd like your opinions!

I split with my man of 2 1/2 years in august, went out with someone else for a month sep/oct and then split with him. Now my other ex has got a new gf. I've had this knot in my tummy since I found out over a week ago. I think about it when I wake up, all day long, and then go to bed stewing. I still love him but I don't know if I'm in love with him or if it's just simple jealousy. I figured the only way I'll know is to see him, which I'm doing tomorrow. Good or bad move? This new girl's in college (either 17 or 18) and he's 21. I'm 20 and I'm a bit worried he wouldn't even look at me anymore cos I know how I was when I was 17/18 and I was so loved up and would do anything to keep him happy. At the end of our relationship we just had silly arguments and I wasn't like that anymore which I regret. Now will he be so loved up or is he still gonna be hurting too?

Thanks guys

xxx:(

Comments

• Options
    Remember why you split up, and then remember that the same things would happen again and again.

If it didnt work it was meant to be, try to move on. It probably is jealousy, tbh, unless you felt like that even when he was single.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Remember why you split up, and then remember that the same things would happen again and again.
    Exactly. Can you live with the "petty" things that drove you to quarelling in the first place? If not, can you live with the arguements they'll cause?

32 months is a long time to be with someone, is it possible that you just don't want to let go of that part of your life that your ex has been associated with for so long?
  • Options
    If you wanna get over him don't see him. Me and my ex went out for 3 years and I saw him last week after about 8 or 9 months, and now I'm feeling all confused again. Just keep away if you want to stay sane ;)
  • Options
    Its all poo!!! I saw him and ur so right, now I'm all confused again! Doesn't help that he was texting this girl he's seeing (who turns out to be 16) while I was there. Can't help loving who you love though can you :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gems
    Can't help loving who you love though can you :confused:

You can't. But if you keep away it makes it a lot easier :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    You can't. But if you keep away it makes it a lot easier :yes:

:yes: I so second that x1000! :)
  • Options
    well....its tough but if you werent going to do whatever it would take to keep you two together at the end of the relationship, do you think the love had fizzled out and it was time to move on? maybe you are feeling torn because things ended badly and you are missing him as a mate or sumthing? its hard to lose sumone you have been so close to for 2 1/2 years i acn understand, all i can say is goodluck woteva happens :)