Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

when should you do "it"?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a thought...when do you know when to do "it"? :confused:

surely you only know when the time comes? what if you get to the stage where you just have to do it whether you're ready or not? (if that makes sense)

a friend of mine thought she was ready, but when the time came she wasnt....is this a typical situation?

how exactly do you know?

love

Lizzy xXx:confused:

Comments

• Options
    you talking about loosing your virginity?

you can do it whenever really, theres no set time, id say find someone your comfortable with, a lot of people (including myself) have lost it too the wrong person, its a bit of a bitch but its not gonna ruin your life, i thought i was ready, but in reality i just wanted to catch up with my friends

anyways its better to wait, then you wont feel used and regret it
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i thought i was ready, but in reality i just wanted to catch up with my friends

thats exactly what i mean....sometimes i think i might be ready to lose my virginity, but then i think back and realise i only think that way because of peer pressure and stuff. at least half my year have lost their virginity and sometimes i think im a little bit behind, even though im only 15. i know what you mean by trying to find the right person, but im worried that if i find the right person, they might turn into someone different after.
  • Options
    well i thout i had the right person, but they turned into a right dick, i went on holiday and came back to find out i was dumped (just weeks after we had first slept together) for no real reason except that i had fancied his freind before id met him :confused: or so he says?!

15 is a bit young, wait till your 16 at least, you wont get into trouble and half the people that tell you theyve slept with someone probably havent, thats what it was like at my school, everyone had slept with 'someone' they had met on holiday/at a different school etc.

it is quite a big desicion though, dont sleep with anyone at the drop of a hat, you will get a reputation and although it dosent matter what other people say or think, it is hard to be told your a slag, fuck i got called all sorts when id slept with 2 people!! :crazyeyes:

anyways, its your descion, get to know people first and only do what you feel comfortable with, a lot of these boys will tell people all sorts of details, true or untrue!
  • Options
    In my experience the right time is just whenever it happens. With my girlfriend and I, one thing led to another although we had both had a couple of drinks (didn't do me any favours ;) ) and that made things go quite smoothly (don't read into that pervy people). Having said that, we had to stop 'cos we didn't have any condoms so I rushed to the shops the next day to get some. Suffice to say, the 12 pack was used rather quickly :D

Just let it happen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXx~Lizzy~xXx
    thats exactly what i mean....sometimes i think i might be ready to lose my virginity, but then i think back and realise i only think that way because of peer pressure and stuff.

i feel the same way, tis confusing
  • Options
    I think you will find that your asking your question due to the fact that all of your friends have probably been there, done that so to speak, and you feel as though you need to catch up. This should not be the case because the fact is that sex is an act of love, and at 15 it is highly unlikely that have experienced real love. My opinion is that you should certainly wait, and the time will come and you won't have to ask the question "When should you do it?" because thats just as though you are writing a script and your trying to find the right place to fit that scene in!!

Take my advice, if your friends have all done it you can pretty much guarantee that at that young age it would not really have been much of an experience as guys of your age are not fully mature and basically just have sex to boost there ego's and say that they have lost there "V" Plates!!! Sad but true! Wait and you will reap the benefits, as you will be older, more mature and more knowledgeable to what you are doing!!
  • Options
    i c ur prob

heya hun....well to be honest it wood b pointless me offering u a loada advice wen im as confuddled as u......im meen if u really like the guy u wanna dont ya? but then u r worried about the aftamath,.....like wots gunna hapoen between u 2.....i meen wood he b the same person or wood he think that he has got wot he wants and move on....its so hard wiv lads at 15. especially wen the guys can spred rumours....i meen i wood b like i kno how guys can get they might spread summit really nasty then wood u rather have stayed a virgin?.......i feel behind but then my group of friends minus two dnt go for that kinda thing but the two that do i wanna keep up wiv and the rest of the scool......its so hard....and i dnt wanna rep....so go wiv wot feel rite....coz to be honest no matta wot ppl say ur gunna b nervous and clumsy on ur first time...so is there really a rite time...luv me
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that at 15, all your friends have lost their virginity. When I was that age only a few of them actually had, although some people do like to imply that they've got more experience than they do. I've met people at uni who are 18/19 and talk about sex as if they've done it loads, but then you find out that many of them are still virgins. And it's not something to be ashamed of - you don't have to do it until you want to.

I don't think you can put an age limit on it really. The age of consent is there but most people just treat it as a guideline and wouldn't let it stop them if they really wanted to. There will come a point when you actually want to sleep with a certain someone. You'll be nervous, you might think about backing out (and that's ok) but you'll still know that you want to do it. Until then there's no shame in waiting. And yes I think it's fairly typical to think you're ready and then change your mind - it's happened to me and it's happened to one of my friends. Just hopefully you change your mind about it before, rather than after it happens.
  • Options
    Re: i c ur prob
    Originally posted by sexywelshbabe
    heya hun....well to be honest it wood b pointless me offering u a loada advice wen im as confuddled as u......im meen if u really like the guy u wanna dont ya? but then u r worried about the aftamath,.....like wots gunna hapoen between u 2.....i meen wood he b the same person or wood he think that he has got wot he wants and move on....its so hard wiv lads at 15. especially wen the guys can spred rumours....i meen i wood b like i kno how guys can get they might spread summit really nasty then wood u rather have stayed a virgin?.......i feel behind but then my group of friends minus two dnt go for that kinda thing but the two that do i wanna keep up wiv and the rest of the scool......its so hard....and i dnt wanna rep....so go wiv wot feel rite....coz to be honest no matta wot ppl say ur gunna b nervous and clumsy on ur first time...so is there really a rite time...luv me

Jesus H Christ, can you please repost that in english? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: i c ur prob
    Originally posted by goose
    Jesus H Christ, can you please repost that in english? :rolleyes:

lmao, jesus H christ???