Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

STI Test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who said that they arent terrible?!!!

Everybody i talked to said they are ok, not too pleasent but not really unpleasent. The metal thing hurt and just as it was over (or i thought it was over) i sat up and the Doc and nurse told me to lie down so the Doc could put his finger in me and feel my cervix. (or something, i was too distressed to concentrate on what he was saying) i know its really dumb & pathetic and stupid but felt violated.

How nice. Coulda fecking cried.

Never going again. Ever.

Save yourself the trouble and always use a condom.

Comments

• Options
    eeek yeah and guys get cottun buds stuck down there dick-hole :eek2: (dont know the medical term for it!!)
  • Options
    you're gonna love having smear tests then..... :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you're gonna love having smear tests then..... :yeees:

And never EVER have an IUS fitted... THAT's invasive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra

can i just ask, how DO they do it? looks pretty big to get up there

tell me!!
  • Options
    Yeah, course you can ask!

It comes in a sterile package, and it's inside a stick as it's bendy - instead of being Y shaped, it's more like an I because the two arms are held up by the surrounding stickness. You lay on the bed, right on the edge so that the dr can crouch and see what they're doing, with your knees spread as far apart as you can get them, and then they open your cervix (which FUCKING HURTS), feel around inside your womb to get the positioning right (which also hurts lots), then push the stick thing inside you. They let go of the string thing and ease the plastic out so it bends back into a Y, and then remove the stick. The cut the string so it's not hanging out of you. Very very invasive, the doctor wears a light on his head so he can see what he's doing, and it bloody hurts.

Had it done yesterday.
  • Options
    Re: STI Test
    Originally posted by lil_minx

How nice. Coulda fecking cried.

Never going again. Ever.

Save yourself the trouble and always use a condom.

aww babez. at least now you can be all sti free. hope it all gets sorted for you.
  • Options
    whats an IUS?

i didn't mind the sti test, it didn't hurt me or make me feel uncomfortable. i just saw it as something that had to be done.
    although he didn't use a metal thing on me to open me up, it was plastic-might have made a bit of difference?
  • Options

Had it done yesterday.
    Sounds like fun, did you have any pictures taken of the memorable event, you know, like the pictures you can have at theme parks. "This is me on Nemisis, this is me on Oblivion, and this is me having my IUS fitted" :D

Joking aside. Minx, surely you knew what would be happening, and expecting it, and it's done by people who do it all the time, day in day out, so how can you feel violated? Was there the shame factor of having to go for the test involved?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    it was plastic-might have made a bit of difference?

only that the metal ones are really fucking cold.

but it you get a nice nurse she'll run it under the hot tap for you :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Sounds like fun, did you have any pictures taken of the memorable event, you know, like the pictures you can have at theme parks. "This is me on Nemisis, this is me on Oblivion, and this is me having my IUS fitted" :D

No, but considering how much it hurt and how scared i was, i think i should have got something for it. A gold star maybe :p He did give me the strings to take away with me though...
  • Options
    i think i should have got something for it. A gold star maybe :p He did give me the strings to take away with me though...
    Maybe they should have a loyalty scheme, and give you a gold star to stick to a badge every time you visit. You'd end up looking like a McDonalds employee with your shiny gold stars on your badge! :D

Erm, what exactly are you going to do with those strings??? :eek2:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    number one : sorry it was so bad lil minx.

number two: sorry it was so bad for u too sa-ra-ra-ra.

number three: seen as tho its been mentioned already, whats a guys STI test like? come on, some one must have had one...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    eeek yeah and guys get cottun buds stuck down there dick-hole :eek2: (dont know the medical term for it!!)

Urethra, some like it, I do. There are so so many nerves around the urethra, if a guy uses a smooth object then they can get pretty close to an orgasm.
    Then again I never had a test so I guess it would be a bit, different, can you ask for a chick rather than a dude?
  • Options
    Re: Re: STI Test
    Originally posted by pussy_palace
    aww babez. at least now you can be all sti free. hope it all gets sorted for you.
    y

ou know what babe, part of me bloody hopes i have got an STI after all that, so i know it wasnt for nothing!
  • Options
    Minx, surely you knew what would be happening, and expecting it, and it's done by people who do it all the time, day in day out, so how can you feel violated? Was there the shame factor of having to go for the test involved?

Mr_Wobble ;)

well i talked to lots of girls who had it done, and mostly all said 'dont worry its over in a second they open you up take a swab and thats it' so i guess i just wasnt expecting it to last 10 mintes with what felt like hundreds of tubes up me!! Last thing my bf said to me was dont worry its not like hes going to be touching you :rolleyes: so wasnt expecting that either.

I think im just a very private person when it comes to my pussy, been with my bf for 3 years and still get :nervous: when he looks at me!

I wasnt actually ashamed at getting the test, because i think its a responsible thing to do, was just more nervous about him seeing me. Felt violated (and i know there is no reason to) because he saw a part of me that im very picky about who gets close to.

Mind you, got to stare at all teh sexy blokes in the waiting room! phwoooar!
  • Options
    I also have a Q about blokes STI test, i want my fella to get one done (and ill make him if my results come back positive) but hes :nervous: because he heard they take a swab from youre arse and obviosuly he doesnt like the sound of that. But isnt that onlyif you have anal sex? Does somebody know?
  • Options
    Erm, what exactly are you going to do with those strings??? :eek2:

Heh, i left them there. Though when he handed them to me, i was still in mild shock and quite a lot of pain, so i just lay there holding on to them for a couple of minutes! The nurse asked me if i wanted to keep them and i decided that it really wasn't necessary.
  • Options
    Eek! Who'd be a woman eh? I take it the Pill wasn't working well for you Sa-ra-ra-ra? The IUS thingy always seems a bit dodgy in my eyes although I'm being a bit selfish here - doesn't the fact that part of the device stick out and wouldn't that hurt the bloke. Got an image of cheese wire in my mind for some reason...

Anyway, I've lots of respect for women who have to go through with smear and STI tests - we men only have our asses to be prodded :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: STI Test
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    you know what babe, part of me bloody hopes i have got an STI after all that, so i know it wasnt for nothing!

lol i see where your coming from. no pun intended. but it will also teach you a lesson to be good. like me :D whether you have something or not, they will sort you all out.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    Just to answer a few of the questions that've come up...

If you'd like to know more about STI testing have a look at our article about a trip to the GUM clinic.

And for more info about IUS/IUDs have a look here.

Hope this helps,
    CB
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: STI Test
    Originally posted by pussy_palace
    lol i see where your coming from. no pun intended. but it will also teach you a lesson to be good. like me :D whether you have something or not, they will sort you all out.

you.. good?! hehehehehe :p
  • Options
    I was wondering if you get a smear test does it also pick up any STI's that you might have?
  • Options
    And another similar question - if you go for an STI test do they check for cervical cancer as well? Cos I've been for an STI test but haven't been for a seperate cervical smear as I assumed they'd have checked that at the GUM clinic. :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I was wondering if you get a smear test does it also pick up any STI's that you might have?

nope.

if you asked them specifically to also test for STIs they might, but with a standard smear test they just check for abnormal cells.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Philosopher
    Eek! Who'd be a woman eh? I take it the Pill wasn't working well for you Sa-ra-ra-ra? The IUS thingy always seems a bit dodgy in my eyes although I'm being a bit selfish here - doesn't the fact that part of the device stick out and wouldn't that hurt the bloke. Got an image of cheese wire in my mind for some reason...

I had to be taken off the pill because i get a certain type of migranes and my risk of strokes increased from 2.6 in 100,000 to 1 in 10,000. Not nice. And i dont' have the discipline to take the minipill because it has to be taken around the same time every day.

Part of the device doesn't stick out, only the strings attatched to it - they're there to help removal and so you can check it's still in place. Apparently men can feel it occasionally, but you can get the strings trimmed so that they can't. But i don't know with mine at the mo, as i haven't had sex yet - i got it put in as a backup rather than my primary form of contraception, i'm not in a L-T relationship at the mo, so it's condoms all the way!
  • Options
    I had to be taken off the pill because i get a certain type of migranes and my risk of strokes increased from 2.6 in 100,000 to 1 in 10,000. Not nice. And i dont' have the discipline to take the minipill because it has to be taken around the same time every day.

Ooh. Me too, though I was never told the stats or anything. Just that they could be triggered again (they stopped a while ago) and that there'd be an increased chance of blood clots, strokes etc.

Though I am on the mini-pill because I have good discipline :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Ooh. Me too, though I was never told the stats or anything. Just that they could be triggered again (they stopped a while ago) and that there'd be an increased chance of blood clots, strokes etc.

I asked for the statistics, because i *really* didn't want to come off the pill. They kinda convinced me though :S

And i have no discipline. At all.
  • Options
    To get an STI test can it be done at your local GP or do you have to go to a GUM clinic?
  • Options
    You can get an STI test done at your GP, but if you don't want the results to go on your records, you need to go to a GUM clinic. It's worth bearing in mind, if you have a FULL test (like, including HIV), and it goes on your records, then if you try and apply for health insurance it can be more expensive because they view getting yourself tested for HIV as having put yourself at risk for it and your premiums go up.
  • Options
    What do you do to get an appointment at your GP for an STI test? Just phone up and make an appointment?