Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Operation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have to get an operation on my top and lower jaw in the summer because my lower jaw is to far back and has to be corrected. This is supposenly ment to be comman and I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this operation? If so can they give me any information on the procedur etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I was told that my jaw was too far forward, but they only gave me a head brace....My teeth were straight before i had braces...now they are rather over lapped abit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I was told that my jaw was too far forward, but they only gave me a head brace....My teeth were straight before i had braces...now they are rather over lapped abit.

i had that, my teeth were pretty staright jus needed a bit of ironing out, then i got big gaps and looked like madonnas and gareth gates fuckin love child, the dentist soon fixed it when i started takin a radge

my top jaw was a bit forward so i got a removable brace i had to wear at night

there was a girl at school with really bad teeth, like bubba from forrest gump, you could see her gums 24/7, i think they 'shaved' her gums back or something, or broke her jaw, something along those lines
  • Options
    I'm having my lower jaw broken and brought back, think that this is a similar procedure, but I haven't started yet.... scary!
  • Options
    In February, one of my friends is having her bottom jaw broken n moved 3mm forward, and at the same time is having her top jaw broken n moved backwards 3mm...She's gonna be off school for about 3-4 weeks, but actually only in hospital for a few days (unless theres any complications :s ) Shes not looking forward to it, cos she's been told it will absolutely kill! whether it will or not, she will find out...
  • Options
    OMG how bad are the teeth/jaw in the first place?
    because having your jaw broken sounds a bit extreme..(and painful)
  • Options
    Mine isn't really that bad execept I have a slight double chin becasue of my lower jaw being slightly back.

I have also had about 20 teeth out becasue there wasn't enough room for them (they were baby and some adult teeth btw). And I have a brace at the moment to help postion my teeth so that the operation will be more of a sucess.

I have to stay in hospital for about 4 days and then gotta recover for about 10 at home but I can't eat solids for ages. I don't know much about the op coz I haven't really been told. All I know is that my bottom jaw is being broken and moved forward a little bit and my top is being broken and moved back a little bit.