Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm confused

I have just really confused myself really badly. After reading Crispy's thead about whether boys and girls can just be friends, I posted my 2 stories. And the second one has really confused me.

Story here

When I started going out with my current boyfriend of nearly 1 year now, I just pushed all these feelings away, I dont know why. And now, just writing that has reminded me of him, and what we had, as a friendship and otherwise. And now I'm really confused. I love my boyfriend very much, and this thread isn't me asking if I should cheat/break up with him, because I dont want to. I just wondered if anyone had any advice on how i should deal with my feelings for J, my best friend without just burying them again or they will resurface.

Oh, and currently J is off at university whereas I am not so I havent seen him since september, although I speak to him on a very regular basis. Help. :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is nothing wrong with you forming intense emotional bonds with guys, and just because you are sharing a bed with someone else doesn't change that. After all, the only monopoly that your partner gets is on your sleeping habits :naughty:

I became very close to a girl *whilst* I was dating my last g/f. Initially my g/f thought that something dodgy was going on, but after she spent some time with her they became the best of friends. (And they still are, despite the fact that I no longer want to have anything to do with my ex g/f! :wave: )

I can see how you might be dazed and confused, but you don't need to be. You have your boyfriend AND a best friend, which are two very different jobs.

Your b/f might need some reassuring, but to be honest it is plainly obvious where your heart truly is, and anyone who can't see this is being a jelous fool.

My advice is to keep on chatting to J. There's nothing wrong with your relationship with him, and it sounds like you have a great friend. :D