Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have a new job! Woo!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I haven't been on here for ages have I missed much? I got a new job today at a bar, I start on saturday. Is bar work hard or easy? I'm so excited cos I always wanted to work in a bar but I'm nervous aswell!

Comments

• Options
    Well done.

Bar work isn't really hard at all, just lifting glasses are you or pouring drinks and stuff?

Same old bollox on here :p
  • Options
    well done

ive always fancied working in a bar meself
  • Options
    congratulations :) hope you enjoy it lots!! :D :wave:
  • Options
    If I was just collecting glasses I wouldn't be worried, I'm pouring drinks and stuff. I'm scaaared! Lol but also soooo excited!
  • Options
    Don't worry, you'll get used to it even if you have to pour drinks.
  • Options
    Well done :thumb:
  • Options
    I started work in a bar last Fri. It's actually quite knackering. You're on your feet for hours and trying to remember all these drinks and rush about getting them, put the right drinks in the right glasses, work the till at the same time, AND be all friendly and flirty with customers and what not and dancing on the bar and bla blah (well, we dance on the bar at ours anyway :p ). Then you have to be collecting glasses and tidy up after. My thighs killed after taht one day and I couldn't talk from all the shouting. :(

But I think it's just cos I'm not used to it what with only working there a day so far. :p

If you've not worked in a bar before they should say not to judge it by your first day, everyone makes mistakes and fucks the odd few things up. Well, that's what everyone said to me before I started. :p It's so fun though! And the men perve on ya. Hehe.
  • Options
    I sometimes get put on the bar in my new job, and it sucks.

Like, I hate having to say to drunk people "Sorry, you had enough". I know that's half the point of it, but like all the girls do it so much better, and I feel inferior :(

Just be glad you don't work here, they all want us to wear Santa hats now :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Just be glad you don't work here, they all want us to wear Santa hats now :mad:

They were all doing that at our place today, heh. I so didnt wear one.