Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Keeping away

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have my assignment to finnish.
Am behind. And can't afford to miss school.
Major stress.

Need remedies which will help me keep away, and which aren't illegal and not hard to get hold of. Coca Cola just isn't that efficient anymore.

Suggestions?

:crazyeyes

P.S. The title is supposed to say keeping awake :yeees:

Comments

• Options
    Keeping awake eh?

The only things I can think of (legal and easy to come by) are mass amounts of sugar and coffee. But you know, it will just catch up with you and you'll feel like shit. Just ask for some extra time, if its not done its not done and they're not going to kick you out of school for it.
  • Options
    i always eat jelly sweets and drink red bull when i need to keep awake
  • Options
    If you dont get a decent amount of sleep is that not gonna work the other way though ? Like the quality of your work aint gonna be as good ? Just a suggestion like :(

But if you wanna stay awake drink coffee, when you start feeling as if your getting tired go to the back door and get some fresh air. Eat fruit then do a bit more work, then have a wander again. If you just keep looking at your assignment then you will probs feel more tired so try to take breaks.

thats the best i can think of :)
  • Options
    People take pro plus, dunno if that around over there tho?! :S
  • Options
    Tweets, never heard of it :(

Becky, you're definitely right the work will suffer but I have a deadline and a limit to meet on thursday. So ultimately I am gonna work for an hour or two more tonight.
    Take the two lessons off from school tomorrow, and work my ass off. Probably also work myself senseless wednesday, but I then expect to finish, take a break and look my assignment trying to catch mistakes and also send it off to friends, for them to correct it and me being able to look it through thursday morning before it should be handed in.

ARGH!
    And work on my stupid computer doesn't work, so I'll need to borrow my brothers computer which means I can't even start typing in tonight :(

I hate this!
  • Options
    Red Bull always works wonders for me.
  • Options
    Caffine is too crude, it will just make you jittery if you take too much, it wont help you, your concentration will be shot.

I would advise ginko biloba with guarana, both of which can be bought from Holland and Barrett, the health food store. Guarana is a vine from Brazil which contains a caffine like chemical in it. Its much less jittery, last longer and feels better. The ginko will help with the blood supply and a lot of people swear that it helps them think. It seems to work for me.

With the Guarana, I'd take about 800mg 3 or 4 times daily, with a little bit of food. However try and get the stuff that is NOT an extract, get the pure vine.

With the ginko, take about 100-200mg of 24% extract per day with a little food.

Good luck.
  • Options
    RedBull is actually illegal here. Because of some guy making a lethal mix with it and dying of a heart attack in Sweden!!! (yet it isn't illegal there).

Will try to get hold of it Just a bit harder than going to the local supermarket.
    And I think my mom keeps Ginko Biloba at home.

Thanks Guys!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    RedBull is actually illegal here.

:eek2:
  • Options
    Yes, I know. Major :eek2:

Either way, have managed to keep awake with cola, and two hours of sleep this afternoon as two of my lessons were cancelled. Bliss.

On the assignment front, I am almost finished. Need to finnish the last part. Add a conclusion, introduction, and stuff like a front page, page index and pictures, and reading it though again.
    Hmm, suddenly it sounds of much.
  • Options
    Best advice I can give is to go to sleep.

Even if it's just 2 hours of sleep - set the alarm clock and snooze for a bit.

Lack of sleep will wreck you.

I totally broke our after coming back from Barcelona because int he last two days we staying a Hostel and I was getting back at 6am and had to be up by 9am for breakfast but it was way noisy.