Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice needed and fast before i do somit stupid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me And Carrie have split up after 3 weeks and 5 days
Reasons :-
- She thought i was an alcoholic
- She wanted me to stop smoking

Now i thought ok..if thats the way she wants it ..thats cool
but what annoys me in ALL of this is my parents
i get home and tell my mum what happened, and she said " sorry to hear that " etc
then im sitting upstairs feeling a bit sorry for myself, and she comes running upstairs shouting her head off me because she found my cigarettes and baccy tin and lighter in my jeans pocket...and im like " Urr?? Mum i've just split with my girl i don't need this " then she tells me im banned from going out for the next month and i can't go out NEW YEARS EVE!! This isn't really relevant to relationships..but i spose it is as in Parent relationships...and i get on better with you guys in here ;)
Please help me? If i don't get this sorted by Tuesday night ...im leaving home for a few weeks with no money
Please..Help
Jez

Comments

• Options
    Well - I think your mum has every right to worry about your smoking, but she's probably going about it the wrong way.

Have you tried acting like a grown up - you might just be able to salvage the situation with your mum by talking to her reasonably.

I guess she figures your relationship with your girlfriend wasn't that serious as it was only a few days over three weeks old.
  • Options
    The only advice I can think of is grow up, to be quite honest.

Try acting mature to your mother and she might act mature to you. But the relationship was only three weeks old, of course there isnt going to be much sympathy flying around- if it was three years itd be a different story.
  • Options
    How old are you?
  • Options
    Give up smoking
    Say you're sorry
    Be nice to your mum

Problem sorted.
  • Options
    Amen Britney :thumb: