Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alone on Xmas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am new here and i was wondering will i be the only one alone this Xmas,

The reason I am alone is because i'm a 16year old who lives in his own flat, I was fostered at a young age and moved around till I ended up in colchester essex, I am not single but I will only get to see my gf on boxing day, Some people think that being with there family at Xmas is bad and they hate it, just think/remember you have family, some of us are alone. This will prob be my worse xmas ever as money is tight and im alone but im glad im independant,

anyway is anyone else alone this Xmas, if so why?

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Welcome to the board. I won't be alone but i wanted to say hi.
    Hope all works out ok for you.:)
  • Options
    Thank you and hi :wave:
  • Options
    i wont be alone but i dont really have family, just me and me mum, but dude, crimbo for me aint all that, so ill probably end up on the internet and drunk, so if you want a little company over crimbo and a pure comedy chat ill be more than happy to help :) even tho its just over the net its better than nothin, getyerself a beer or two (i know its hard when money is tight but its crimbo!) and we can sit and natter away :p
  • Options
    That sucks mate :(

Don't you have any friends you can stay with? Hell - if it was up to me I'd invite you to mine but it's a family day :( (hey, you aren't related to any O'Neills are you? ;))
  • Options
    Yo thanks mate. might do that :D

rich I wish I was but my surname is Russain lol.
  • Options
    Re: Alone on Xmas
    Originally posted by magic ball 8
    Some people think that being with there family at Xmas is bad and they hate it, just think/remember you have family, some of us are alone.

Yeah but some peoples families are a nightmare to be around or cause them actual misery, rather than the usual stuff people whinge about. :p
    Just cause people have a family doesn't make it any better.

And nah, I have friends to prance about with and family to see and guys with mistletoe to beat away and loads of money. And Christmas pressies are already bought. :D I should be happier really :eek2:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Alone on Xmas
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    guys with mistletoe to beat away

erm?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Alone on Xmas
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    erm?

Whaat? They prance up to me with mistletoe and I can't get off with them so have to shoo them away. :p
  • Options
    oh sorry I see as smack them until they walk away sorry mind was somewhere completely different...
  • Options
    I sort of feel what your saying. As I grew up every christmas was spent in my nans giant house and about 30 family and friends came down in the morning and in the evening we'd all open presents, watch tv by the coal fire and eat chocolate.

This christmas (and prolly every other christmas until I have my own kids) I wont be spending it with my nan, grandad, auntie or uncle or my cousins. I dont see my fathers side of the family anyway so I wont be seeing them. It'll just be me and my mom.

So, yeh. It annoys me like a bitch when people say things like 'you've got to see family you dont want to see' and things like that and its prolly one of the most ungreatful things you'll ever hear. Preach over.
  • Options
    xmas is such a depressing time, you see all these people with there loved ones and you feel a bit left out

my dad fucked of to berlin over xmas (selfish git) but im down here so it wont affect me, if i had been up north i would hav been really low and probably have spent the day in a alcohol induced coma

but i probably will do that down here as well
  • Options
    welcome magic ball 8 i know how u feel im in care now and i aint lived no where for long crimbo is the worst time and b-days i think but i never really had a christmas with my mum and that cos she was too busy jackin up so it dont really mean anything to me i'll be around on x mas day so if u want a chat pm me
  • Options
    Originally posted by K.N.S
    .............. but i never really had a christmas with my mum and that cos she was too busy jackin up

Jackin up? Masturbating? Taking drugs? What was she doing?
  • Options
    she was a herion addict filthy habit
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replys guys, It feels like a nice warm welcome and there always lovely to have. Anyway i would spend Xmas with friends but i dont have many as i been moving around when i was a kid and i have only just got my own place. I'd love to spend Xmas day with my gf but her parents hate me, apparently because i was in care and fostered when i was young im not good enough for her daughter :s
  • Options
    when i was on the run ...not from the law but from my past ...i had a xmas alone and seriously enjoyed it.
    i ended up working in a shelter for the homeless that xmas ...dishing out grub ...mopping floors ...chatting ...dishing out second hand clothes.
    do some voluntary work ...by cheering up someone else you'll cheer yourself up. gives you new perspectives.
    welcome to the assylum .
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    when i was on the run ...not from the law but from my past ...i had a xmas alone and seriously enjoyed it.
    i ended up working in a shelter for the homeless that xmas ...dishing out grub ...mopping floors ...chatting ...dishing out second hand clothes.
    do some voluntary work ...by cheering up someone else you'll cheer yourself up. gives you new perspectives.
    welcome to the assylum .

Great idea morrocan roll I think i will do that, although as I am new to the colchester area I don't know where the Homeless shelters are.

Does anyone know?
  • Options
    Originally posted by magic ball 8
    Great idea morrocan roll I think i will do that, although as I am new to the colchester area I don't know where the Homeless shelters are.

Does anyone know?
    not just the homeless ...help the aged ...riding for the disabled ...hospices etc. you meet people and make good freinds. all kinds of volunteers there from dope smoking hippies to bank managers.
    citezens advice or even the old bill may be able to point you in the right direction. you'll get more out of it than the people your helping ...promise.
    it's the classic case of it being better to give than recieve ...it realy works. you'll have a great time and feel a sense of achievement and goodness.
  • Options
    Thanks man. I'll look into it:) If I can I'd pick a homeless shelter as I know what it is like to me homeless.

Does anyone know any please:)