Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Danger! Danger!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Word of warning to anyone considering bleaching their hair themselves, unless your an expert, DONT!
my hair is dyed blond and i always use a tint to do the roots but for some reason i thought ide use bleach, BIG MISTAKE! my freekin hair went yellow:eek: . one was not amused. 2hours in the hair dressers and £50 later it was sorted today. what a tube i am. never again will i use bleach.
:lol: im laughing now even though im 50 quid down but i wasnt laughing with yellow hair.

this was a public safety announcement!:lol:

ps. my hair looks great now, thank god for professionals

Comments

• Options
    i got mine done once at the hairdressers and they left it on too long and my strawberry blond locks went white :eek:

and i couldn't get a comb through my hair either...then it started falling out.

had to go back to the hairdressers twice a week for a deep conditioning, have about 5 inches chopped off and a darker semi permanent put on - they paid for it all like, but it was a nightmare.

It took me 4 years to think about getting colour done again, but my last lot of highlights was perfect :)
  • Options
    Iv'e done it at home without any poblems. Ok, so it does look a little yellow right after it's been done, by it quickly calms down after a few days. But them I'm a bloke, and I don't care about whether it looks natural, as that's not the look I'm going for anyway.
    But then again, my hair goes how I want it with a lightening kit, so it's not that harsh on my hair.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    yeh ive done it at home. went very bright and yellow but heh all the more people to notice eet :) woo yay :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    i got mine done once at the hairdressers and they left it on too long and my strawberry blond locks went white :eek:

and i couldn't get a comb through my hair either...then it started falling out.

had to go back to the hairdressers twice a week for a deep conditioning, have about 5 inches chopped off and a darker semi permanent put on - they paid for it all like, but it was a nightmare.

It took me 4 years to think about getting colour done again, but my last lot of highlights was perfect :)

that sounds like a plot to a really disastrous made-for-tv movie :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Iv'e done it at home without any poblems. Ok, so it does look a little yellow right after it's been done, by it quickly calms down after a few days. But them I'm a bloke, and I don't care about whether it looks natural, as that's not the look I'm going for anyway.
    But then again, my hair goes how I want it with a lightening kit, so it's not that harsh on my hair.

Mr_Wobble ;)

^-^ you've just remined me im going to Hull next thusday! :)

i once worked for hairdresser, and wanted my hair blonde...so, she over prosessd it, i ended up leaving college, and the salon, my hairdresser before saw me and colourd my hair darker again, and cut it to my chin, my hair was on my elbows at the time, i cryed so much!!

but its at my sholders now, and red/purple- so all is good now:)