Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

admissions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i was reading that oxbridge has been recently criticised for not accepting enough working class students, due to 'scandals' not letting in a girl with 5As prediction at alevel etc

is it just me or is just that she wasnt oxbridge material because i never applied to oxbridge but my friend went for a physics interview(we went to a crappy 6 form college) they look for overall intelligence etc not just high grades, and if they think your good theyll let you in low grades so you go, so whats your opinion on the top uni's?

oh and come tothink of it i heard a really good point to why so many rich kids go uni other than the private schooling factor which as my 6th form tutor said as he sends his kid to a private school "they might hav better resources but i think theyre better because they make their students more efficent students" and rich kids are also more likely to have their parents go uni, and their parents have probably benefitted from it (since they are rich) and are more likely to encourage their kids to go, even if they arent uni material themselves

how fair you think uni selection system is at moment? and what what youl ike to see change?
Post edited by JustV on