Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tonsilitis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have it, I seem to get it once or twice every winter. Can I get my tonsils removed? (I'm 21) Would that make any difference? What can I do in the short term? I've been taking paracetamol, and sleeping a lot.

Comments

• Options
    If you complain to your doctor that you get it often I guess you could get a reference to have them removed. There isn't much you can do in the meantime except for lots of water and icecream :D
  • Options
    I get it a couple if times a year, its a pain in the arse and when I try to get a appoinment with me doctor it takes around 2 weeks so i normally try and live with it. They wouldent remove my tonsils, but it's worth a try. Maybe wait till you next get tonsillitus and then beg, cry whatever it takes.....

Bopz
  • Options
    I had bad tonsilitis but so far this winter havent had it. I'm sure they're quite strict bout having them removed-don't you have to have it 6 times in a row? Or did I imagine that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    when I try to get a appoinment with me doctor it takes around 2 weeks so i normally try and live with it.

Bopz

get an emergency appointment?