Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Leeds shooting..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Another shooting in the uk, 2 people shot,

how long will it take and how many people will have to die before the police do something. they're so busy fighting THE WAR ON TERRORISUM that they are forgetting about gun crimes from inside the uk not from other Arabs/isralis.

the uk wide polce operation to crack down on terrorisum is going well but when people get shot in shootings due to inside they uk they ignore it

your views please?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Weve had 4 murders in the last 3 weeks, 2 drug raids, a truck load of washine machines stolen with the driver sleeping in the front, and this is in my lil area alone.

All this stuff happening means i cant go out at night for my before bed walk with out a huge risk of ending up dead, raped or mugged. So bloody crap! Grrrr Arrrg! *does end of buffy monster hand movement*
  • Options
    there was a shooting in hyde park in leeds a few weeks ago. quite worrying because students live there(although not me because i live in a nicer area). i think it was related to drugs though because most shootings are aren't they?

can you give me a link or more info plz rude_boyz?
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but I think you're over reacting a little bit. Obviously, crime is an abhorrent thing, especially on the sort of level you're talking about, but there's only so much the police can do. They can't be everywhere at once, obviously, but the police presence in this country is impressive. They do their best, but they are limited, whether it be by fundig or human endurance.

Rising crime is going to be a way of life over the next decade or so. It's not nice, but it could make for some interesting politics...
  • Options
    In our halls in the last week we've had seven burglaries and a rape. And I thought we were in the nice suburbs! One of my friends even walked on the guy in her room... that's after she was given extra padlocks for the windows because of the aforementioned rape. Obviously its all being kept quite under wraps though.
  • Options
    I might point out that crime is going down, and has been since Labour came into power, but no-one seems to believe that anyway.

Yes a lot of gun crimes are related to drugs, but thats really only because of the legal situation surrounding them. The drugs industry is worth upwards of 8 billion a year, there are quite a few people who will kill for that kind of money.
  • Options
    I don't like gun crime; but I don't think it's the police's fault. They do their job as best they can. Probably politics in there somewhere - and the use of guns is a social issue as well, to an extent. In Leicester there have been 2 shootings recently, both of which are very out of place for somewhere like here (except maybe braunstone :p) but the problem is that more and more people are turning to crime.
  • Options
    Crime is never going to go away, never.

There's always going to be someone out there who wants to fuck another person over for whatever reason.
    But the police can't be everywhere at once and there aren't enough police to curb the growing crime rate in the uk.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Crime is never going to go away, never.

There's always going to be someone out there who wants to fuck another person over for whatever reason.
    But the police can't be everywhere at once and there aren't enough police to curb the growing crime rate in the uk.

:yes:

no matter how many police they have, crime will always be an issue.

i'm off to go do criminology at uni, then join the policeforce.

i think :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I don't like gun crime; but I don't think it's the police's fault. They do their job as best they can. Probably politics in there somewhere - and the use of guns is a social issue as well, to an extent. In Leicester there have been 2 shootings recently, both of which are very out of place for somewhere like here (except maybe braunstone :p) but the problem is that more and more people are turning to crime.

The buggers like knives in my lil area, tis much more scary than a gun. i can cope with guns, had a mate pull a gun at me the other week and i just looked himin the eyes and told him to shoot me if he had the guts cos it would save me the bother.....he put it down.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    had a mate pull a gun at me the other week

hmmm, I would seriously re-consider your friendship.
  • Options
    Re: Leeds shooting..
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Another shooting in the uk, 2 people shot,

how long will it take and how many people will have to die before the police do something. they're so busy fighting THE WAR ON TERRORISUM that they are forgetting about gun crimes from inside the uk not from other Arabs/isralis.

the uk wide polce operation to crack down on terrorisum is going well but when people get shot in shootings due to inside they uk they ignore it

your views please?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

OK apart from fact this should be in politics do you really think international policy restricts the police force in this country. I know lets have the army patrol our streets with assault rifles and tell them to shoot anyone who they believe to be dangerous. Stop blowing things out of proportion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    hmmm, I would seriously re-consider your friendship.

Aye, sound advice from the Shy one.
  • Options
    Yes well he thinks he's a big man now cos he's started dealing. I dont talk to him anymore.
  • Options
    "there aren't enough police to curb the growing crime rate in the uk."

But its not growing Shogun, everyone thinks it is, but you are the least likely to be a victim of crime in the UK now than you have been since the 80's.
  • Options
    Michael moore should do a documentary on guns here these days. Its quite bad in wolverhampton-we had a club close due to shootings there and a mother lost sight of one eye because of a sniper so it is scary to think this is in my own town. Not just in the cities like London and Brum.

Still what can I do? Nothing thats what!
  • Options
    Bomberman i dont think i am over reacting, There have not been any terror attacks on the uk yet the goverment are more concerned with that, yes there may not be many officers on the beat but they could still do somthing to stop these shootings,

Why the fuck does the goverment start wars with over countrys when it hasnt even got our country under control, If something doesnt happen we will end up like the usa (No offence to any people from the usa) but gun crime and viloence has been on the increase in the last few years,
  • Options
    theres more than 1 problem with this country it does not mean you merely ignore everything else to deal with the one problem. International Policy is a big deal with international terrorism, crime is also important. Both have to be dealt with and just because international terrorism is the main item of news doesn't mean crime isn't being tackled its just terrorism is new news therefore people are interested and want to read about it wheras crime is an ongoing thing that everyone knows about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

But its not growing Shogun, everyone thinks it is, but you are the least likely to be a victim of crime in the UK now than you have been since the 80's.

oooh oooh yes, i remember now *thinks back to a-level sociology last year*...moral panic and stuff.

the media make it out to be something its not...the crime figures arent rising, statistics show this.

but when the media report a story, it all gets brought about and everyone thinks there's a really big epidemic but there's not.

but...some figures get missed out of the statistics..like rape victims who dont want to go to the police etc, and sometimes people are too scared. oooh, i remember now! :yes:
  • Options
    leeds is a crime den though, and has been for the last 5 years or so.

a few years ago there were about 50 shootings in leeds in one year (all drug related). but they hushed that one up nicely. it was interesting the way they were only mentioned in the local news after the first couple.

thing is, in leeds at least, people are scared about the amount of shootings, but almost all of them are drug-related, so if you haven't pissed off any dealers lately, you're pretty safe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004

I think the figures are 69 shootings in the UK each year.. and 1135 in the US (I think.. its in that region anyhoo)

i think those figures are complete bollox. more like a month. or even worse a week. think how big the uk is.

i would have had a gun pulled on me if it was as easy to get one back then as it is now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    Michael moore should do a documentary on guns here these days. Its quite bad in wolverhampton-we had a club close due to shootings there and a mother lost sight of one eye because of a sniper so it is scary to think this is in my own town. Not just in the cities like London and Brum.

Still what can I do? Nothing thats what!

We've had more than that :(
    Funnily crime rates rocketed when the asylum seekers landed.
    I'd rather have two people shot in leeds than have an iraqi bomb land on my head :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    i think those figures are complete bollox. more like a month. or even worse a week. think how big the uk is.

i would have had a gun pulled on me if it was as easy to get one back then as it is now.

Not complete bollox

did any one see the film bowling for columbine about the shootings in columbine high school.

well they had figures on there for gun crime and the usa has roughtly 1600ish murders a year due to gun crime but the uk has 160ish a year but the murders although there are over 200 incidents every week in the uk,

http://www.ukcjweblog.org.uk/categories/statisticsAndReports/

some reasons for this are

-illegal imigrants
    -drugs
    -car thefts
    -armed robbery

those are a few reason for the rate of gun crime rising in the uk

This is a little section i copyed from a website i saw

"It is being suggested that because violent crime is on the increase in this country the handgun ban introduced in 1997 isn’t working."
  • Options
    You cant compare the States to here, just look at the size difference and the law differences!
  • Options
    rockerchick; "Funnily crime rates rocketed when the asylum seekers landed."

Have you any figures to back that up what so ever, its just a rash generalisation isnt it, crime figures have NOT "rocketed" at all. The fear of crime is WAY out of step with what is actualy happening on the ground.

Yes I aggree that gun crime is something of concern, but its really not all that bad. Try and see things as they actualy are not as the papers try to portray them.
  • Options
    rude_boyz;
    "This is a little section i copyed from a website i saw

"It is being suggested that because violent crime is on the increase in this country the handgun ban introduced in 1997 isn’t working."

The problem with that statement is that it takes no account of what the situation would be like if we didnt have the ban. Yes because there are guns on the street the ban isnt working fully, but that doesnt mean its a bad idea, or thats its not working at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Maybe so but there's still alot of crime about.

After reading about them turkish gangs that were raided in london there the other day it shows there's alot of crime going on the police don't really know about, just think of the amount of crime that is operating secretly and no one knows about it.

Let's take a look at this country in 10 years, do you honestly think the crime rate is going to decrease in the next 10 years if we continue at the rate now.

All this crime has alot to do with drugs and with more and more people trying drugs a younger age it can't be good for the country,crime is going to go up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Not complete bollox

oh for fuck sake, i'm sayin its complete bollox cus the number is far too small.

read before you write.
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    oh for fuck sake, i'm sayin its complete bollox cus the number is far too small.

read before you write.

i was just saying what she said bout the figures wasnt bollox. she was pretty close actually.
  • Options
    let me put it this way.

apparently my town has the worst teenage crime rate in the world.

truth is we have the most recorded teenage crimes, cus there dumb enough to get caught.

i'm sure theres a lot of worse places for it than here, just it doesn't get recorded

figure don't tell you anything.
  • Options
    Shogun; I would aggree with you that there is a lot of crime that happens un-noticed, and I am sure there are quite a few people who are glad it does.

Drug law reform will happen over the next ten years and I hope this will make an impact upon the crime rates. But well these things come in cycles, there may well be a loosening of the law and then a swing to the right and a clamp down.

I'd also aggree that this country has problems, but I really dont aggree with the doomsday predictions that we're all going to hell in a handbasket. The country isnt falling apart, the crime rate isnt shooting up, there are NOT floods of criminal asylum seekers....the list goes on.