Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

anyone go to WC parade?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I went and have to say was the best thing Ive been to for a while.

Whole day was so "english" and Ive never seen so many george crosses, you got a feeling that this was the people taking thier "englishness" back from the people who seem intent on destroying it.

If a WC win brings something like this back then thats fine by me.

still dancing in trafalger sq at 6pm and freezing after jumping in the fountain. :eek:

Could you imagine what would happen if we ever won the football WC? London would burst.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I saw it on the news and it looked crazy, wish I could have being there even though i'm not a massive rugby fan.

If we won the footie world cup then the whole country would be buzzing except Manchester because as Godscop has pointed out on lots of occasions Manchester don't follow the national team, they're not proud to be English so everywhere but manchester would be buzzing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    I saw it on the news and it looked crazy, wish I could have being there even though i'm not a massive rugby fan.

If we won the footie world cup then the whole country would be buzzing except Manchester because as Godscop has pointed out on lots of occasions Manchester don't follow the national team, they're not proud to be English so everywhere but manchester would be buzzing.

Really gets to you doesn't it?

I saw it on the news as well, looked like everyone was having a good time. What was the actual number? 1 million?
  • Options
    there saying a million but you couldnt move from trafalger sq all the way to top of oxford street so I think you are looking at many many more.
  • Options
    What a good idea, like the commonwealth games in Manchester was a great event with everyone waving flags and being allowed to be patriotic for once. Shame the stadium went to Man City.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dantheman
    What a good idea, like the commonwealth games in Manchester was a great event with everyone waving flags and being allowed to be patriotic for once. Shame the stadium went to Man City.

It hasn't gone to city, its owned by the council and city are supposed to be paying rent. However they can't fill the thing so who knows.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    Really gets to you doesn't it?
    An English person being anti-English, yes it does. But I suppose thats scum for you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    An English person being anti-English, yes it does. But I suppose thats scum for you.

I take it your bored again? :)

I am not being anti English, I am being anti FA, dickheads that hate my club.

What I am being is pro Manchester United.