Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Prinicipals v. Practicalities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya. Simple enough question. Quite embarrising but:

There are two girls. P & S. I'm crazy about P. Like, seriously crazy lol I can't stop thinking about her at school, and we call each other all the time on our mobiles (and use all our cred up :p), but - and here's the but how can I be crazy about someone I've never met since she lives in scotland, heh.

S, well she's a nice girl, and she goes to my school, and I kinda have feelings for her. She'd be the practical option since it's not going to work with P. P even told me to go for S (I can't hide things from P, I'm honest even with this kinda stuff) but... I dunno. I think I would be happy with S... but I can't get P out of my mind.

Everything she says is the perfect thing. I mean, in the past, I've changed my own expectations to what I think a girl should do, or say. But she's perfect, ideal, but out of reach. Heh, it's kinda ironic in a way, I think. Sigh. What would you do people? The girl you're mad about but can't have, or the girl you do like and can have (even though that's not confirmed, cos she might turn me down - but I'm adorable :p).

Thanks in advance,
TheShy(and tormented)BoyInTheCorner x

Comments

• Options
    Urgh...

Mate - you seem to post something like this every bloody week about somebody you like or "have feelings for"...

The general advice in return is STAY SINGLE as you just fook your own head up when you are with somebody!

I think your best bet is to step back, take it easy and just chill with yourself! Yeah - just stop chasing what seems like every girl you know/see/imagine, working out if they would work with you in a relationship and I reckon your life will be so much easier!

Oh - forget anything with the one in Scotland. Not worth the hassle at 15/16/however old you are now... Stay friends and stay in touch but if you end up seeing somebody, be careful... You will have to think about how the "girlfriend" will react as she won't be happy with you spending all your credit on the phone to another girly! ;o) Those green eyes will get you! ;)
  • Options
    You are projecting onto P what you want her to be but the reality is that you hardly know her...its not surprising you have feelings for her because she's 10% real and 90% made up - the perfect girl.

If P is telling you to go for S then P doesn't want you. If she did she'd stop encouraging you.

I'd forget them both and find someone you really know.
  • Options
    Well the decision was kind of made for me - S has been asking about me and asked for my email address and things and such and... well seems to be going that way. And how come every time I ask a question people point out that I don't have a clue with girls, and are asking things every week? :p

My questions are relatively straight forward - my last one was about the same girl, me being too shy :p heh.

I mean, if I had a different account people wouldn't make judgements, but just because... ah anyway. Thou shall not pass judgement.. or something.
  • Options
    byny, u say some good stuff, i agree with what you said.

Hope everything works ok for you Rich huni! xx
  • Options
    I don't want to be harsh, but it does seem like you're seriously crazy about a different girl every week!

I think you should let it be and not act on either impulse for a few weeks. If you still want one of them then, then go for it. Otherwise, just realise that it was just a brief infatuation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    I don't want to be harsh, but it does seem like you're seriously crazy about a different girl every week!

I think you should let it be and not act on either impulse for a few weeks. If you still want one of them then, then go for it. Otherwise, just realise that it was just a brief infatuation.

perhaps, but it's not every week i assure you. I've liked Pamela for at least 2 months and this other girl I've been 'interested' in her for ages - just never had the balls to speak to her :p but now things are... taking their own way....
  • Options
    If I were you, I'd go for S. Like others have said, P lives in Scotland and at 15/16 it's unlikely you're going to take a trip up there every few weeks! While she may seem the perfect girl, the best thing would be to have her as a good friend. If you like S and S likes you, you might as well have a real relationship and be able to have all the close personal things like a relationship can have such as kisses and cuddles, rather than just talking to someone over the phone.
  • Options
    Re: Prinicipals v. Practicalities
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    S, well she's a nice girl, and she goes to my school, and I kinda have feelings for her. She'd be the practical option since it's not going to work with P.

No. Don't go for her just because you can't have someone else. Don't just settle for second best. Go for the girl you really want or don't go for either. It's that 'I kinda have feelings for her' which makes me think that you're just trying to make yourself like her because she's more convenient.

There's an episode of Friends where Ross gets himself into a very very similar situation to this, with hilarious consequences.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Prinicipals v. Practicalities
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    No. Don't go for her just because you can't have someone else. Don't just settle for second best. Go for the girl you really want or don't go for either. It's that 'I kinda have feelings for her' which makes me think that you're just trying to make yourself like her because she's more convenient.

There's an episode of Friends where Ross gets himself into a very very similar situation to this, with hilarious consequences.

Heh I :heart: friends. Anyway, back on topic! The thing is, I do fancy S, and I have done for some while. Just that P I find infallable - but byny was probably right in me saying that because I don't know her. Anyway - if I can I'll chat to S over MSN or something. While speaking to P on the phone today (heh I'm out of cred so used the house phone :p) I talked to her about S, as I do, and she was excited for me. But we did flirt a little. I dunno - I think she does have feelings for me - she even said she would go out with me but it's the distance, so I've ruled that out. We have our little 'thing' away from everyone else if you know what I mean? But she's more like a dream girl than a real girl. I do really like S, :), I even have had dreams about her. Anyway, g2g now my mum being arsey kik.
  • Options
    OK well sounds like you've at least convinced yourself that you want to be with S...