Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice please girls pls.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi down there is kina sore itchy an stingyish feeling when i pee cood this possibly be trush? An what can i try to make it betta? Rather embarrsing. Think it is worse around periods also.

Comments

• Options
    go to the doctors, could be cystitis could be a urinary tract infection, could be an sti.

get it checked out would be my advice, they'll only make ya piss in a bottle i think.
  • Options
    What r all these things? I know what an sti is though. The cy....thingy.
    Going to the doctors embarrsing.
  • Options
    The cy..thing is just an infection of the pee pee hole (i cant remember the word)
    Drink cramberry juice. lots of.
    If its thrush you will noitce lots off white discharge that looks like cottage cheese.
    you can by over the counter stuff for them both.
  • Options
    Its the general area that kina itches but yea stings when i pee i dont think its thrush. Could that still be an infection of pee hole thing?
  • Options
    do you feel like you need to go to the toilet constantly for a wee? and yet when you go you find it very difficult to pass urine, and maybe only a few drops actually come out?

this sounds like cystistis. If you dont have this symptom, and you dont think it could be thrush, you need to see your doctor, embarrassing or not; it could be very serious.

the worrying thing about this is you say its worse around your period, so it sounds like you've had it for quite some time. in this case i would suggest going to the doctor anyway. or to your local GU clinic. But you do need to get it sorted out. if its not treated these things can escelate and turn out pretty nasty. your doctor and the people at the GU clinic sees these cases every day. its nothing to be embarassed about. i've been to the doctors twice with very bad cystitis and once with thrush. loads of women have. they wont 'look' at you, or test you for anything if what you describe is strong enough for a diagnosis, and from what you've told us it is.

and these symptoms arent anything to do with you not being clean, or taking care of yourself or anything like that, so dont be embarassed, it happens to everyone.
  • Options
    Ok thanks for telling me that stuff. I don't think i need the toilet more than normal or just a few drops come out. It just hurts! Do u get that thing u have had during ure period? (if u don't mind me asking). See it come and goes in degrees of pain. Also can the doctor give me something to clear it up? Thank u.
  • Options
    of course the doctor will give something to clear you up! thats what they're their for :)

as for me, well i've never had anything like that longer than a month, it should be a priority of yours to take care of yourself - you only have one vagina and if you dont take care of it, you could screw up a lot.

when i've had cystitis before i've probably had it at the same time as my period, but i cant remember off the top of my head. i wouldnt have thought it would make a huge differance if you were on your period or not. but its not something caused by you being on your period. and as long as you change your sanitory protection regularly and wash every day, i cant see how your period could make you 'ill down there' (so to speak!) anyway.

to be honest, it sounds like you have thrush.

let me just get it up on netdoctor and i'll post you the website address with the info. hang on.
  • Options
    thanks but sum1 said sumthing bout u get white cottage cheese like stuff with thrush? I dont think i do.

Still need to go to the doctor 4 that? if its that?
  • Options
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/cystitis.htm

thats the link for information about cystisis

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?TopicID=104&AreaID=2177&LinkID=1780 - and this is a link to information about thrush. it should take you to the treatment section, but if you look above the information, you can read about the symptoms, diagnosis, causes etc.

if you are still unsure, or cant afford the treatment over the counter (available from any chemist), you need to go and see your doctor so he/she can give you a prescription to make it better. not only will you feel better, but you will not run the risk of causing yourself long term damage.
  • Options
    Thank u get scared by the idea of serious damage? What like? I have got sum of the symtoms of these things but not all of them?
  • Options
    well then go and talk to your doctor about it. im am but a mere performing arts student, i cant tell you whats up!

serious problems can include sti's, cervical cancer, chronic diseases down there, infertility; loads of things.

but none of this will be a serious problem if you make an appointment and sort it out.

you'll feel so much better for it. everyone has to do it one time. just think about when you have kids and have to have an internal examination, or you go for your smear tests? every women goes to the doctor to get checked out at least once in her life. you should go, really you should. especially if you're having sex, you dont want to pass anything to your partner do you? or risk the infection getting so bad that it causes you serious damage.

come on girl, theres nothing to be embarassed about. honestly. thats what doctors are there for.
  • Options
    I'd go an talk to your doctor. If you deffenatly know its thrush *loads of discharge, itchines, pain* you can get over the counter drugs. I think theres one called cavisgon??? I'd go and see ur doctor tho. Just to be sure what it is. I'm sure they'l perscribe something to clear it up. iz
  • Options
    Originally posted by madgirlizzy
    cavisgon

'Canisten' 'Canisten once' 'Canisten oral' etc etc
  • Options
    Ok I was gonna do a post bout cystitis but seeing as this is sorta on the lines of what I need to ask I'll ask here.

Ona regular GUM check up I found out I'd got cystitis-no symptoms and had antibiotics, was checked out a week ago and still had it-again no symptoms. More antibiotics. My nan was also prone to this but I don't know why all of a sudden I'm getting it when I've only ever had it once before. I'm not doing anything different (no sex at mo either!).

what is best thing I can do to stop it coming back? The nurse said to cut out tea and coffee but what else can I have warm-is hot chocolate ok? I don't like cranberry juice tho.

I was drinkin more squash but my mom said its acidic and worse than tea and coffee but just can't do water on its own.

Can smoking cause you to be more sucseptible as I have started smoking?
  • Options
    well if you've only just started smoking i suggest you stop whilst you still can. its pretty self explanatory.

cranberry juice is a definite yes, although like yourself i hate the stuff. have you tried cranberry juice mixed with something else, like rasberry juice, its still bad, but not quite as bad.

drink herbal tea rather than normal tea. and honestly, avoid coffe. my friend works in a posh deli, and all she does is drink coffee, and she has the same as you buyt is having a real hard time with it, yet since she's started forcing herself to leave the coffee for cranberry juice, she's finding things a bit better, but not entirely.

thats all i can suggest really, that and to get yourself down to boots, or any other place that sells homeopathy stuff and get some tablets for helping cystitis. i know they're available as i saw some the other day. its a specific chemical/herb/vitamin thing in tablet form from boots, cost about £3 and you take a couple a day for a couple of weeks, and it sorts it out.
  • Options
    Re: Advice please girls pls.
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Hi down there is kina sore itchy an stingyish feeling when i pee cood this possibly be trush? An what can i try to make it betta? Rather embarrsing. Think it is worse around periods also.
    it might be something like eczema, or some other dry skin thing....i had it once and it itched like hell, and because i scratched it led to it being v painful when i went for a wee :yeees:
    you must break the itch cycle!
  • Options
    could be that ecxma i mean it is itchy an yea u try not to itch an when u itch it gets worse. How do u get rid of it? I get mild exma on my face under my nose sumtimes got stuff i can apply 4 that. Think i could give it ago? I told my mum an shes given me cream for it! An if it dosen't clear it up then ill go to the doctor. What do u think of my plan? Honestly i wil go to the doctors bout it if i need to an it dosen't clear up. Its not an sti though.
  • Options
    I get mild exma on my face under my nose sumtimes got stuff i can apply 4 that. Think i could give it ago? I told my mum an shes given me cream for it!

argh :eek: no!!

do not use normal eczema cream on those parts!! you'll irritate the hell out of yourself.

either pop down the chemist and buy some of that lotion for 'feminine itching', or use a little bit of vaseline.

but i have to say, i'd have been to the doctors already.
  • Options
    could be that ecxma i mean it is itchy an yea u try not to itch an when u itch it gets worse. How do u get rid of it? I get mild exma on my face under my nose sumtimes got stuff i can apply 4 that. Think i could give it ago? I told my mum an shes given me cream for it! An if it dosen't clear it up then ill go to the doctor. What do u think of my plan? Honestly i wil go to the doctors bout it if i need to an it dosen't clear up. Its not an sti though.

you could try it i suppose, but i wouldn't recommend if its one of the steroid based ones...they thin the skin and i don't think that would be good down there!
  • Options
    Ok i wont use it i don't think its nything strong though. Ill try vaseline perhaps. Do u mean u think i should have gone to the doctors by now?
  • Options
    Do u mean u think i should have gone to the doctors by now?

:yes:

it could just be a bit of irritation, but it could be an infection, and infections left untreated can spread and cause all kinds of nasties.

on here we can give advice, or tell you what it might be, but none of us are doctors.
  • Options
    yeah ure rite there im just gonna give it a couple of days an c if this creme works if no ill get my self a nice appointment with the doctor.
  • Options
    id go straight away.
    it could be serious and like badabing said, you dont wanna chance it. you only get one vagina!

umm have you changed soaps or washing powder? thats the only other thing i could think of.
    try and use a unperfumed vegetable soap (they sell them in the turkish shops if you cant find in your supermarket) and if, like me you have sensitive skin, try and use the washing powder tahts used for babies clothes cos its alot less harsh on the skin
  • Options
    Get yourself down to the doctors! I had similar symptoms to you, they never properly knew what it was, just some kind of skin infection. I was really embarassed bout going, but my g.p was lovely, didn't feel awkward at all. I'd see a female doc, cos you'll be more relaxed, but don't worry! They really have seen it all before! Tates x