Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what very nice decorations you have mr wolf...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
bloody christmas decorations now are so god damn tacky.

huge 9 foot blow up santas around our way... not to mention the randomness of badly colour co-ordinated tinsle hanging around doorways, and the matching fairy lights.

whats your house look like from the outside?

my mum's put up *very tasteful* golden icicle lights that line the front window, but other than that, we dont do outdoor decorations.

I think some of them can look very nice, but then a few gardens down there's this huge tree at it has 5 light bulbs in it, one white, two yellow, and two blue, and not even in a particualrly deliberate order. mmm, stylish :rolleyes:

ps. dont forget, channel four at 9pm - the twin thing :yes:

Comments

• Options
    yeah some of the stuff round ours is soooo tacky its just like wtf is goin on! some places look like santa's bloody grotto from the outside :rolleyes:

we havent got ours up yet, but all we do is have some white lights round one window and my lil bro puts some sticky things on one window, not ott at all. Most of our decorations go inside :)
  • Options
    I agree completely.

I really like those icicle lights. A few houses have got them round here, and white lights in trees in the garden and so on. I think white lights, if not overdone, can look really nice and tasteful. And some of the coloured lights can look nice.

But then there are the houses with bright flashing lights all over the house, tinsel all over the windows, giant santas/reindeer/snowmen all over the garden, and a lovely 'Santa Stop Here' sign by the front door. :yeees:.

And what twin thing?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    And what twin thing?

a documentary about the boy who gave birth to his twin brother. they were 7 years old and one had been living inside the other. watch it, it look like a real conversation starter.

as for the white lights;

that's why id love an evening wedding, id love to get married in some beautiful grounds somewhere, in the evening and have the whole place decked out in white fairy lights. oh it'd be magical.

but i've arranged that for the engagement party as im impatient!
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    a documentary about the boy who gave birth to his twin brother. they were 7 years old and one had been living inside the other. watch it, it look like a real conversation starter.

Right, this might be a stupid question - tell me if it is, but why does it seem I'm the only one who's read this and thought it just slightly strange? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Right, this might be a stupid question - tell me if it is, but why does it seem I'm the only one who's read this and thought it just slightly strange? :confused:
    the twin was trapped inside him in the womb, and lived of his blood supply until he was operated on when he was 7, its very rare, called 'fetus in fetu'

i watched some of it but it was well manky seeing that dead twin

and back on topic, i absolutely detest those 'santa stop here' signs :mad:
  • Options
    same round here ...some areas look like las vegas!
    what do you think these people are trying to say about themselves. what image do they 'think' they are portraying?
    come on own up.
    who has a bazzillion bulbs glowing and flashing on the outside of their twee little houses!
    i wont laugh ...not out loud.
  • Options
    I have like 3 strands of white icicle lights around the top, flat part of my porch banaster, outside, and that's all the lights that I have up around my, at all, on the outside and that's usually just it except this year, have a wreath, for the outside door, that lights up, with white lights, but it's not really all that bright, so it doesn't throw off the icicle lights or make it look bad or anything like that.
  • Options
    Re: what very nice decorations you have mr wolf...
    Originally posted by badabing
    ps. dont forget, channel four at 9pm - the twin thing :yes:

fuck i missed it....was it good? will they repeat it?
  • Options
    we dont have any outdoor decorations, just an indoor xmas tree. I always hated the outdoor OTT types until this year, cos littlun loves them! (still not doing it on my house though)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    and a lovely 'Santa Stop Here' sign by the front door. :yeees:.

when you have children they like things like that, they 'think' that Santa will know where they live when they have a sign outside. (well our Becks does). Thats all i have got outside like :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    when you have children they like things like that, they 'think' that Santa will know where they live when they have a sign outside. (well our Becks does). Thats all i have got outside like :)

Then put it on the roof, not by the front door.

Everyone knows Santa comes down the chimney, not through the door :no:
  • Options
    huge 9 foot blow up santas around our way

Better than huge 9 foot blow up dildos. [/random]
  • Options
    a mate of mine has just aquired ...two battleship main spot lights ...as in for shin9ng on that suspect ship 4miles away ...you kn ow the kind of thing ...you throw the switch and ...[IMG]http://badoosh![/IMG] let there be light. how about i talk him into putting them outside his house ...i'm going to phone him now ...he's daft enough with a bit of pushing.
    the older folk around him will have memories of air raid sirens wailing ...could be a good thing could be bad ...mmm
  • Options
    the older folk around him will have memories of air raid sirens wailing ...could be a good thing could be bad ...mmm

:lol:@Rolly - you make me larrrf.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Better than huge 9 foot blow up dildos. [/random]

ooh i dunno.... :naughty::p