Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have a problem.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I *Really* like this girl and I have liked her for about a year. Thing is im just to anxious to talk to her. I dont know what to say, her brother is one of my best mates and I dont think it would go down too well, what makes it worse is that theres a two school-year gap between us (im 15, shes 14) (im year 11, shes year 9). I feel like if I try it on with her I'm betraying her brother. I dont know what to do. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    God. Sounds like a problem I used to have (brother etc). It was a problem I regret not having sorted out so im not the best person to give advice on this tbh. 15 and 14? someone in your own year can be 15 and 14... doesnt sound that bad when you lay it out like that. Are you anxious to talk to her because of her brother or because your worried she'll turn you down? Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Bleh man... go for it, one of my mates ( Tek ) went out with this girl ( lisa ) hes Year 11, Shes Year 9......They got on fine, so no doubt you will, talk to your best mate, and see wat he thinks bout it ( u with his sis )
    Jez
  • Options
    hmmm

I'm not sure, I'd say stay away.

Its probably the fact that you know its "forbidden" that makes it so appealing.

Also the age gap wouldnt be a problem if you were a few years older, but if your almost 16 and shes 14/15 it presents a problem in terms of sex/physical stuff...
  • Options
    I'd say go for it. At least ask, or you'll always be wondering "what if?" Then if she says yes, then you can worry about the what next.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I'd ask her brother if i was you. you dnt want to be causing problems now do you. But The age gap isnt that much so i wouldnt say that was an issue.
  • Options
    ask the bro what he thinks. x
  • Options
    You've liked her for a year? Ok; plan of action. Go up to her brother, tell her you fancy her. Talk to him about it. Then if he's ok with it (which he probably will be I think - tbh if any of my friends wanted to go out with my sister I'd laugh at them. They can have her) then you need to talk to her. Don't let it become an obsession; don't let yourself become dependant on her. I'm not saying you will - just that a year is a long time to go without talking to someone you like.

*shrug*
  • Options
    Re: I have a problem.
    Originally posted by AhRass
    I *Really* like this girl and I have liked her for about a year. Thing is im just to anxious to talk to her. I dont know what to say, her brother is one of my best mates and I dont think it would go down too well, what makes it worse is that theres a two school-year gap between us (im 15, shes 14) (im year 11, shes year 9). I feel like if I try it on with her I'm betraying her brother. I dont know what to do. Please help. Thanks.

Im not sure what your mate would think. But he shouldnt really mind.Its only 2 years difference. Now i have a problem. One of my mates (not close or anything just know him really) fancys my cousin in year 7! He is in year 11. He asked her out but when i found out i went mad and pinned him up against the wall. And threatened him. Do you think i did the right thing? I think i did its a bit pervy in my opinion. If she was 16 and he was 20 i wouldnt mind but shes only 12 and prob only just started puberty!
  • Options
    I'm currently seeing one of my mates sisters. I used to hang around with this lad but I wasn't hanging around with him when I got with his sister. He seems ok about it but I don't talk to him like I used to do and I would say I aren't as good friends with him anymore.

I think the fact that this is one of your "best" mates could become a problem. The reason I say this is because you are still going to want to hang around with your mate and if you get with his sister then you will want to see her aswell. Would your mate mind his sister hanging around?? I think he could. Your mate could want to go somewhere but doesn't want his sister coming along, but you do.

Theres just a few things to think about because it will put a strain on your friendship. If the friendship is strong enough then you shoukd be ok.

How close is your mate to his sister??
  • Options
    Are you anxious to talk to her because of her brother or because your worried she'll turn you down?

Both but I'm more worried that she'll turn me down.
    Its probably the fact that you know its "forbidden" that makes it so appealing.

I didn't meet her through her brother. I was pissed and started talking to her and her friends one time. The next morning I couldnt remember but she talked to me at school, even though I probobly looked like a twat the weekend before.
    it presents a problem in terms of sex/physical stuff...

Not sure about that, or it might be I just dont want to believe it.
    I'd ask her brother if i was you.
    ask the bro what he thinks. x

Hes a good mate and I dont think he'd look at me the same if I were to ask. Just seems like theres no answer to the problem without there being some negative shit to make everything worse.
    Don't let it become an obsession; don't let yourself become dependant on her.

Too late for that I think. :(
    How close is your mate to his sister??

Hes protective. But they still have their moments.

I hate being the miserable bastard. Even when I do go to talk to her she mushes up my brain and I just go blank. Weird thing is that she always does the same only Im worried incase I drive her away. I said to her today that I had something to tell her but I'd tell her later because there wasn't enough time, she told me to tell her in the break but I couldn't do it - and I'm never shy around girls. Dont know what to do.