Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Romance?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Romance?

I've never been particuarly romantic, ive never done the whole candles thing, rose petals, restaurants, love letters or even flowers. What makes it harder is that whenever i try to compliment my gf or come out with anything remotely slushy she calls me cheesy and gives me a dirty look :confused:

I care for her alot and want to make her feel special and show her how much i care about her. I'm not really sure how to go about it though without making the whole situation seem cheesy!

I wonder do all women love a bit of romance even when they make out like they dont?

Any veiws from male and female perspective welcome!

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    She sounds a lot like me. Insecure. Whenever someone compliments me, I can't really deal with it - I usually say "Och, I know this" and flip my hair, or like, totally disagree with them.

Talk to her about it: tell her it makes you feel quite upset you can't remind your lass why you're mad about her. You only want to make her happy, and if you talking about her best bits and bobs is wrong, she should get her coat and bugger off! :p Well, maybe not that extreme: you get the jist.

Tell her to try and compliment fowk aboot her. Make sure it's not to the point where her nose is jobby-fied. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Tell her to try and compliment fowk aboot her. Make sure it's not to the point where her nose is jobby-fied. :)

Wait! Let me get my scottish dictionary out :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    Wait! Let me get my scottish dictionary out :p

Lmao, 2.99 out of WH Smiths :p