Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

moon boots.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
these guys, for the young'uns.

lon.jpg

ok, i know what you're thinking. i thought the same. but then i was sitting waiting for one of my lessons the other day and this quirky looking girl was wearing a black pair of these with a plain mini skirt and a furry-collared fleece and she looked SO good.

i seem to remember these being in fashion a few years back. i remember them selling them in schuh.

now i will look for cheap pairs :D

ok, you can laugh at me now. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Re: moon boots.
    Originally posted by kaffrin

ok, you can laugh at me now. :blush:
    *laughs at the pink haired freak!* :D Just kidding. ;)

The only other time I've seen moonboots in the past few years is in Japanese fashion. They're a bit weird over there, but I've seen more or less the clothes you've described being worn by a few Japanese girls.
    Has anybody noticed how Japanese, and Chinese, girls seem to have an interesting fashion that's not quite western, but quirkily nice?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    A lot of people have them here.
    :)

They're not even that expensive. Unless you buy the originals that is.

The most expensive after the original ones are from Dolce & Gabanna and cost £60. Can easily find some for around £30.
  • Options
    Common as muck in Zurich, too. You see them an awful lot when the snow comes out, or around ski resorts. They're just so warm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    They're just so warm.

And comfortable! Like walking on a cloud.
  • Options
    Re: Re: moon boots.
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    [BHas anybody noticed how Japanese, and Chinese, girls seem to have an interesting fashion that's not quite western, but quirkily nice?
    [/B]

god, i LOVE japanese street fashion.

ever seen or heard about FRUiTS magazine? it's just a japanese photographer who wanders round Tokyo and takes pictures of all the quirkily dressed kids.

some of the things they wear are so daft, but they really suit them.

i'm aiming to bring a little colourful japanese influence to wakefield and the five towns area. so far i get a lot of staring. they don't understand it if it's not adidas.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: moon boots.
    god, i LOVE japanese street fashion.

ever seen or heard about FRUiTS magazine? it's just a japanese photographer who wanders round Tokyo and takes pictures of all the quirkily dressed kids.

My best mate has a FRUiTS book, its SO kool :D:D:D [/random]
    xxx
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: moon boots.

Yes, I've heard of FRUiTS. There's a book out at the moment (and a collection of postcards too - in a funky pink, or was it orange, neon translucent box). I was having a browse through the book in Waterstones a few weeks ago. Loved it!

Good luck with enlightening Wakefield to the wonderful weirdness of Japanese fashion! :thumb: :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i used to have pink ones with 'i love you' graffitied all over. they sound dire but were really funky
  • Options
    i really dont like them, sorry lol, i think its just me cos im younger than you lot, not to make you lot sound old! *goes before she digs herself an even deeper hole*
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    i really dont like them, sorry lol, i think its just me cos im younger than you lot, not to make you lot sound old! *goes before she digs herself an even deeper hole*
    not that im 15 or anything :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    not that im 15 or anything :p

ohhhh yeah! forgot you're 15, sowwy!
  • Options
    I think they're quite cute. They'd look silly on most people though, but I reckon they'd look good on you Kaffrin :yes: