Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dizzy feelings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
'Sme again!

I just wanted to ask your opinion, because I keep having these little dizzy spells. Not all the time, maybe once or twice a day. My vision kinda goes a bit weird and blurry, and I feel like I'm spinning. Well not spinning, but like my body is going round and round in circles while my feet are still on the ground if that makes sense :confused:. They last maybe 5 seconds, 10 at the longest. The worst one I've had was about 20 seconds long.

I do spend basically all my time on my computer, but I've had these for ages, they've only just started to get quite bad. I don't watch a great deal of TV, maybe an hour and a half when I get in from school, another maybe hour and a half on Mondays (Comedy night on BBC2 :p) and Eastenders every so often.

I just wanted to ask you whether it's worth going to the doctors? I went a week ago about my 'viral infection' so I don't want to go again too soon, and if I tell my mum she'll probably think I'm making it up. She says I'm a hypochondriac (sp?), or I think it's that. When you think you are ill so you show the symptoms? Or something like that! I think she thinks it because I complain about things that are wrong with me a lot, like when I get headaches and PMT and stuff. But is it really worth it?

Thankya in advance for your opinions :)

Franki
X

Comments

• Options
    yes you should go to the dr, say you were driving and had a dizzy spell?

Could be one of many things causing it from a inner ear infection ( u dont always have pain with a ear infection) to messed up blood sugar levels or vertigo.
  • Options
    I get the exact same as you! My eyes go a little blurry and the dizzy bit last for about 5 seconds. A few weeks ago I got REALLY dizzy for like 15 minutes, felt like someone was shaking my brain and spinning it around and then I got a headache and felt tired.... really not a nice feeling.

I would put it down to that you use the computer way to much. I asked my doc what it was and he said it was the computer. I don't think it was anything really bad as it would of come up on the MRI I had a little while ago.

Just see your doc though and say to him your a little worried about it, I'm sure he won't mind. Until then, lay off the computer for a bit. Do you get kind of spaced out/not feeling with it for a few days?

Either that or it could well be stress. You can be stressed without even knowing it. Any way.. just make sure you see your doc just so it stops you worrying.
  • Options
    Does it happen when you stand up after being sat down for a while?

Cause I get the same thing, but it's when I get up too quickly, though half of the time it doesn't seem like it - but go to the doctors anyway, then they can tell you what it is and you won't worry so much.
  • Options
    Cranky - I don't drive, I'm 15 :p And I recently had low sugar levels, which made my hand go all shaky, but that's stopped now so I dunno if it's that :confused:

Felix - I've never had it that bad, thankfully! I think it is probably either the computer (nooooooooooooooooo *sulks*) or the stress. I have been kinda stressed recently due to a few reasons which are a bit complicated. Mostly because of exams, which are finished now, and my mum not letting me quit something I hate.

Silviena - I do get it sometimes when I've been sitting on the sofa for a while, but it is usually when I'm in a lesson or something, when I'm still sitting.

I will try and talk to my mum later this week, she's in a bad mood with me at the moment, so not a good idea to do it today!

Thankyou everyone for your advice :)
  • Options
    I had exactly the same problem, now im on steroid pills every day because my body cant retain salt level properly.

You might have something called "Postual Hypotension". Basically meaning when you get up too fast your blood rushes to your legs and takes a little while to get back up.

If you dont go to the doctors, then just put a little extra salt on your food. You should notice the effects after a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    If you dont go to the doctors, then just put a little extra salt on your food. You should notice the effects after a couple of weeks.

I put about ten tonne of salt on my food anyway :confused:
  • Options
    Then i would recommend seeing the doctor anyway, but it shouldnt be nothing to worry about.

Maybe stress, pc usage and distress.

Hope your better soon :)