Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pop3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How does it work ??

im confused..??

Plus can someone tell me does hotmail use pop3 and if so whats the adress i need it for this new shortcut ive got on my new taskbar on my desktop :D

Comments

• Options
    Hotmail does use POP3.

pop3.hotmail.com

What kind of link are you trying to add? This may sound a bit silly put if you type a [url]http://[/url] link it won't work.

In short: POP3 or Post Office Protocol 3 email services give you mailbox space on a server, from where you can retrieve your email using an email client such as Outlook Express.

You email client talks to your email server to send it commands to login, get mail status, and send and receive email. The POP3 protcol enables any email program any where on the Internet to connect to any email server to perform the usual email functions, such as reading and sending, as long as they have a valid account and password.

What you tring to do? Hack an email addy or summit?
  • Options
    installed a new desktop theme, one which has a bar on the right on the screen which allows you to make it check your chosen email accounts...

btw that pop3.hotmail.com link .... it wont accept it :confused:
  • Options
    It should do. Make sure you adding that under where it says POP3 server and not STMP.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It should do. Make sure you adding that under where it says POP3 server and not STMP.

heres what i get........
  • Options
    Does it say any where on the set that you can import any of your old mail settings?

Try these:

pop.hotmail.com <should work - come to think of it, I think Hotmail uses POP not POP3>
    or
    mail.hotmail.com

Tell me if they work.
  • Options
    no nothing same thing doesnt want to work.....
  • Options
    Hmm, sorry mate but I'm not to sure. Maybe you could email who ever it is made the application and ask them what's wrong?

Good luck.