Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Xmas Eve Party in London - Who'd Be Intrested in Coming if it was Free?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you may have been reading under clubbing section I want to get into events organising.

Anyway this is yet to be confirmed but I think I'm being offered free tickets to invite anyone I want to an Xmas Eve Party in London (Kings Road, Chelsea).

The guy organising it has capacity for 440 people and is charging £15 per head enterance on the door, but thinks he'll have a shortfall and is thus offering me free tickets - as it's better for him to lose money on the door and have a full room then one that's looking under filled.

As I said I've got back to him to confirm this is indeed the case. But the event would start at 8pm and finish at 2am. And there is the option of Fancy dress as famous rockers, rappers and diva's so should be quite fun.

Don't really want to say more about it until it's all confirmed but if this was the case any of you guys interested in coming?

I make nothing out of the event but it's great practise for me and could be an interesting night out.

Comments

• Options
    sorry my love, but christmas and new year is for family and friends in my opinion, as much fun as it might be, my priorities lay with those around me :)
  • Options
    Re: Xmas Eve Party in London - Who'd Be Intrested in Coming if it was Free?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    As some of you may have been reading under clubbing section I want to get into events organising.

The guy organising it has capacity for 440 people and is charging £15 per head enterance on the door, but thinks he'll have a shortfall and is thus offering me free tickets - as it's better for him to lose money on the door and have a full room then one that's looking under filled.

there is the option of Fancy dress as famous rockers, rappers and diva's so should be quite fun.

Don't really want to say more about it until it's all confirmed but if this was the case any of you guys interested in coming?

I make nothing out of the event but it's great practise for me and could be an interesting night out.
    whoa! best of luck mate ...it is indeed worth your while if only for experience! it's the experience which will give you ...know how, contacts, ideas, insights.
    if you can pull off filling most of those empties ...the guy will use you again ...
    wish i could come in fancy dress ...as a divaboo!

serious ...try anything ...and if you fail ....big deal ...when we aint got nothin ...we aint got nothin to loose. but always the free life lessons of clear reality. always. painful sometimes but pain does seem to be a good teacher.
    i'm rambling for a change ...i raise my glass to your endevour and bless all those who get drunk in her.
  • Options
    Cheers, thanks for the encouragement.

The experience is what I want out of it, it's a good practise run to play at being a host.

I agree with the thing about Xmas being for family - my dad's Birthday is on Boxing day but for us Xmas Eve is nothing special - I'm sure it would be if we had any little kids waiting for SAnta Claus to come down the chimney but since we're well pasted that age nothing special!!

Plus I think most people are workig on that day anyway in the morning.

I've yet to have all this confirmed though so don't wanna get myself all hyped up. But if it is what I'm being offered thought it would be a nice opportunity to gain some experience and have some fun.
  • Options
    I would be interested...... Except I'll be skint, and couldn't afford the trip down there. :(
    I'm going to be stuck up here with bugger all to do. I suppose I'll go out to a local club or something similar. If I weren't here, then I'd either spend New Year with family or friends.
    Good luck!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I would be interested...... Except I'll be skint, and couldn't afford the trip down there. :(
    I'm going to be stuck up here with bugger all to do. I suppose I'll go out to a local club or something similar. If I weren't here, then I'd either spend New Year with family or friends.
    Good luck!

Mr_Wobble ;)

That's a shame would have made a nice excuse for a site meetup.

I got a reply to my email - the guy organising it has sold 100 tickets so far but hasn't even started really trying to promote it he's got an article in a London Magzine coming out on 10th December so that will probably get him loads more responses.

My main interest is to go onto organise single's events. As many of you might remember I went to the Chemistry Event with 1,499 other singles and wasn't impressed at all.

They'd paid so little attention to lots of details which could have made the night so much better.

Anyway this guy was going to do a Speed Dating thing but says he doesn't think he'll have the time to do it. But said if I can come up with some good ideas for people to take part in from 8pm to 9pm he'll let those people into the venue for the entire night for free. Not sure speed dating would work onthe night, but I htink a few party games or secret santa maybe fun? I mean afterall if people are getting in for free and saving themselves upto £15 each why not ask them to spend a max of £5 on a santa gift???

What do you think does that sound fair and a good idea??
    Anyone else got any ideas? Bare in mind I may only have an hour before the whole thing get taken over by the rest of the event and that most people will be in fancy dress as rockers, and rappers.
  • Options
    Well it's now confirmed - if any of you want to come down for an Xmas Eve Party I have 20 tickets in total to give away

You need to PM me your full name and contact email address so the organisers can put your name onthe guest list and email you a confirmation number.

It is Fancy Dress as Rockers, and Rappers, but you don't actually have to come dressed up - as long as you don't mind standing out!!

Click Here For Link
  • Options
    ill come!!!
  • Options
    What kind of music? Where? Etc...?
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    What kind of music? Where? Etc...?

All the detals are on this website:

http://www.thegroupies.com/christmaseve2003-2.htm

I've been alotted 20 free tickets, but I'd say including Char Baby 5 have already been allocated now - leaving 15.

After those go all I have are discount tickets.

Which will be posted to me onMonday so don't even know what diso**** it will be - but obviously not better then free!!!

Because the night starts out at 8pm the organiser has suggested we meet-up at the Slug & Lettuce in Fulham which isn't too far away from there - I'll check out the exact distance once I find my Autoroute CD's - He says the group gets a discount there on drinks.

But sounds like a plan.

Anyway PM me with your name and email address if you wanna a ticket!!

BTW Anyone up for a game of Twister on the night??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    ill come!!!

Hey I just noticed you're in Scotland??

You planning on coming all the way from there??

Are you still 17? I need to check the age limit actually - may be 18, Personally it don't bother me either way - but don't want people to come from far and get ID'ed and turned away.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Hey I just noticed you're in Scotland??

You planning on coming all the way from there??

Are you still 17? I need to check the age limit actually - may be 18, Personally it don't bother me either way - but don't want people to come from far and get ID'ed and turned away.

im in portsmouth atm
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    im in portsmouth atm

Well I emailed the club and they said it's minimum age 18.

Portmouth is still 160 miles awy from London.

Will you be in London during that time anyway?

Not trying to put you off or anything but heck I'm lazy and didn't even go to see the Milennium Dome and that was on the tube for me!!
  • Options
    Ooo ... just found out a friend of a friend just bought a Bar in central London ... Hopefully we'll be able to use it as a meetup point for future single's Nights!! ;)