Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cleaners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Remember I asked for help to design a leaflet for a cleaning firm? Well my mum andm her friend got a contract to clean 32 luxury flats. They are in two buildings and there are foru floors per building. They are massive.

Well, anyhoo. I was wondering, do any of you have a clue how much to charge?

I was thinking £20 per flat which works out at £640 x 4= £2560 per month (they get paid monthly)

Does this seem a little too expensive?

Thanks

Jazza

Comments

• Options
    Id say that if someone can afford to buy a luxury flat then they can afford at least £20 or more for the cleaner!
    Think it also depends on how long it takes to clean each flat...
    Just my opinion anyway
  • Options
    doesn't sound expensive to me. round here a cleaner gets a fiver an hour cash in the hand as an average. i pressume your going to pay someone else to sweat.
    sounds like you aren't dealing with the individual occupier of the flats but a landlord/agents or whatever if you have a contract for the whole block ...by the way your price must have already been agreed to get the contract no ...?
    if it's a contract for the whole place then you might get knocked down a to around 17/18 quid. if your dealing with each occupier ...20 quid sounds good to me but for twenty quid ...they will expect a serious clean ...once a week? most people want twice a week ...price would have to come down.
  • Options
    You're better off charging by the hour, I would have thought - at least that way the dirtier flats will have to pay more than the cleaner flats. But if that's too much effort, £20 per flat per week isn't bad. :)
  • Options
    I work for a property company that build and sell luxury appartments. Before the folk move in we have to get the flats cleaned. It costs around £40 and then more for the windows.
  • Options
    My mum hired a professional cleaning firm who did 4 hours, with 2 people so 8 hours, and charged an extortionate amount - think it was £100 for that.

That was a really expensive but very good firm. They should charge by the hour. I'd say they can ask for at least £5/£6 an hour.